In this highly visible role, you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and will have the opportunity to work independently and as part of a legal team, that provides crucial support to the company as a whole. You must be able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans.
- Assist with contract review including but not limited too CDA's MSA's and SOW's for cross functional business support.
- Work in CLM tool managing contract review process and execution.
- Provide support to all business functions through contract review process and execution.
- Assist with distribution of Board and Committee documents to Board members and executive staff.
- Assist with preparation for Board Meetings and materials distribution and upload – assist attorneys with Board/Committee meetings and document review meeting logistics; coordinate and assemble meeting material books and uploads onto the board of directors online portal (BoardVantage);
- Assist with minute summaries and indexing, as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate and current officer, director and corporate governance information in the Corporate Governance Files..
- Assist with annual D&O Questionnaire process.
- Assist with Annual Director Self-Evaluation process.
- Acts with a high level of confidentiality as to legal department activities and Board matters
- Provide support by drafting correspondence, and other legal documents submitting same for review, revising, redlining, comparing, proofreading, assembling, , and distributing final material as necessary.
- Provide project related support, research and analysis of corporate and governance related matters and handling other issues and requests for information as directed by.
- Support Corporate Compliance requests including updating training decks and policies, and scheduling/coordinating trainings as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree and prior experience as a paralegal.
- Has at least 7 years of experience as a corporate paralegal or similar function
- 3+ years' experience managing documentation, formation, of multiple legal entities.
- Advanced legal research and investigative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a wide variety of corporate secretarial and governance matters and a good understanding of processes and procedures related to corporate governance..
- Experience with Board meeting management and Board of Directors Portal such as BoardVantage platform or Diligent.
- Experience and advance knowledge with CLM tool (LawVu preferred)
- Highly motivated, self-starter who takes initiative and works with a sense of urgency.
- Advanced technical and legal writing skills with legal and contract terminology.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, working within deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access, SharePoint, etc.).
- Proven ability to produce accurate work product; strong attention to details.
- Superb organization skills and abilities.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff including directors and executives.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive matters.
- Knowledge and understanding of contract language and terminology
about ovid therapeutics
If you desire to be part of a tenacious biotech team advancing the future of neuroscience, then Ovid Therapeutics may be the right company for you. Located in New York City and Cambridge, Massachusetts, Ovid aspires to answer big questions about rare disorders of the brain. Applying expertise from successful development programs in rare epilepsies, we partner with patient communities and world-renowned physicians to decode the underlying genetic cause and pathologies of neurological disease. We seek the best modalities to deliver therapy to targets in the brain whether they be small molecules to next-generation platforms. Our duty to patients is as real is it is to our own families. Urgency to serve them propels us to venture where others have not and take calculated scientific risks. When others heed to the hard or unknown, we say, find a way.
who we seek
Exceptional life science professionals who value curiosity, collaboration, community, deep care and courage in decision-making are encouraged to apply.
if you need more reasons to join Ovid:
- benefits competitive with big pharma, without the big pharma bureaucracy
- nimble and creative mentality while being well resourced
- accessible leaders and mentors from the world's leading pharmaceuticals, biotechs and universities
- opportunity to shape the destiny of a company on the frontier of medical science
- the knowledge that patients are waiting for us, and the tools to help them lay in our hands
EEO Statement: OVID Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity employer. All OVID recruiting is conducted in a fair and non-discriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.