Sr. Director, Accounting
The Sr. Director, Accounting is responsible for the activities of the general accounting functions. They will maintain the accounting for all transactions related to the general ledger such as payables and receivables, fixed assets, tax payments, and prepaid expenses. Maintains systems, procedures, and policies, including all accounts payable. Ensures accurate compilation, analysis, and reporting of accounting data. Maintains cash forecast analysis and treasury documentation. Acts as a liaison between the company, government, and internal and external auditors in providing the required information and ensuring that proper information is maintained for historical purposes. Assists with external reporting requirements and initiatives.
- Ensure that Ovid Therapeutics' s mission and values are understood and supported across the organization.
- Responsible to complete all aspects of accounting operations including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, General Accounting and Financial Reporting.
a. Manage the financial close process; assign responsibility and track workflow for all month-end, quarter-end and year-end close activities.
b. Ensure accuracy of all close-related work products, including journal entries, reconciliations, account rollforwards and analytics.
c. Comply with internal controls related to financial close; ensure internal control narratives, flowcharts and control matrices are maintained with the company's current practices and operations.
d. Serve as the Treasury / online banking coordinator.
e. Collaborate with purchasing and accounts payable to review purchase orders, ensure accurate coding of expenses, and monitor payments to vendors.
- Provide technical support for tax filings, tax provisions and other statutory filings.
a. Partner with SVP Finance & Corporate Controller to ensure timely and accurate preparation of quarterly 10Qs, annual 10K and other required filings.
- Be a subject matter expert on technical accounting to help ensure technical accounting issues are properly identified and accounted for in accordance with GAAP.
- Serve as point of contact for internal and external auditors; manage quarterly reviews, year-end financial audits, SOX controls testing and other all audit initiatives.
- Assist with system implementations, changes and upgrades as necessary.
- Responsible for the operational aspects of financial reporting including coordination with consultants and Legal department.
- Responsible for supervising Finance Associates.
- Support SVP of Accounting on ad hoc projects, as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred plus 10 years of accounting experience.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required
• Working knowledge of federal, state, local, and foreign tax issues a plus.
• Comprehensive knowledge of SOX financial controls required
• Comprehensive knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook required.
• Knowledge of accounting applications/tools such as Net Suite, FloQast, Wdesk, etc. preferred
• Familiarity with Active Disclosure financial reporting application preferred.
• Previous experience in life science or technology-oriented company is highly desirable.
• Technical and comprehensive knowledge of all accounting functional areas.
• Thorough knowledge of GAAP and reporting requirements.
• Good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines working within a time sensitive environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships internally and work within a team environment.
• Ability to work independently.
• Experience with implementations / upgrades of financial systems desirable
about ovid therapeutics
If you desire to be part of a tenacious biotech team advancing the future of neuroscience, then Ovid Therapeutics may be the right company for you. Located in New York City and Cambridge, Massachusetts, Ovid aspires to answer big questions about rare disorders of the brain. Applying expertise from successful development programs in rare epilepsies, we partner with patient communities and world-renowned physicians to decode the underlying genetic cause and pathologies of neurological disease. We seek the best modalities to deliver therapy to targets in the brain whether they be small molecules to next-generation platforms. Our duty to patients is as real is it is to our own families. Urgency to serve them propels us to venture where others have not and take calculated scientific risks. When others heed to the hard or unknown, we say, find a way.
who we seek
Exceptional life science professionals who value curiosity, collaboration, community, deep care and courage in decision-making are encouraged to apply.
if you need more reasons to join Ovid:
- benefits competitive with big pharma, without the big pharma bureaucracy
- nimble and creative mentality while being well resourced
- accessible leaders and mentors from the world's leading pharmaceuticals, biotechs and universities
- opportunity to shape the destiny of a company on the frontier of medical science
- the knowledge that patients are waiting for us, and the tools to help them lay in our hands
EEO Statement: OVID Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity employer. All OVID recruiting is conducted in a fair and non-discriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.