Director of Business Intelligence
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
Emergent is recruiting a Director of Information Management & Business Intelligence role that will be responsible for the development and operations of the Information Management and Business Intelligence team, which includes delivering on the strategic vision for enterprise Information and BI and analytics, operational oversight of the enterprise-wide reporting and analytics functions, and collaborating with senior leadership to drive the change to becoming an insights driven organization. This role will also work closely with key stakeholders in other departments to identify, develop, and implement analytics solutions to satisfy key enterprise information needs. This position will report to the Vice President of Business Systems. This role can be remote/ virtual.
- Directs the Information Management thought leadership, EIM platform strategy, objective, priorities, and technology decisions for the aligned business organization.
- Focus on developing solutions for business intelligence/analytics, data integration, dashboarding, and master data management.
- Develop and implement a roadmap based on the strategic vision for enterprise information and business intelligence that drives the continual maturation of our BI program
- Proactively partners with the IT and the business to provide consulting, solutions options, and recommendations around technology andstandards,Fosters business partnerships with current and potential vendors, IT executives, and business partners; develops relationships that promote trust and increase efficiency and effectiveness; balances individual customer needs and business priorities assuring alignment with the business strategies and objectives.
- Maintains breadth and depth of perspective, utilizing enterprise and industry/market trends, standard executive dashboards, and regular benchmarking exercises. Sets department vision and direction in coordination with Sr. Executives and motivates and manages team to achieve goals.
- Advocate for the effective use of data and drive a culture of data-informed decision making across the company
- Actively drive the creation and adoption of a self-service strategy to promote business delivered content and enablement of business-driven analytics
- Drive the adoption of BI principles across the business by championing new and innovative techniques and approaches that will best utilize available data to answer key business questions
- Provide leadership, mentorship and ongoing development to our future Business Intelligence team, focusing on the ongoing growth of individuals and maturing the overall department
- Ensure best practices are established and maintained for all key BI and data management procedures, architecture, and standards
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
- Excellent business process/information analysis skills to assess user requirements against system capabilities to create design documentation for business communication and technical development
- Proven leadership and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong analytical interpretation skills required to interpret customer business needs and pain points, to define and translate into a software solution to meet needs
- Experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies
- Self-starter with ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 08-10 years of progressively responsible experience in managing BI teams demonstrating strong professional and managerial capabilities.
- 6+ years in demonstrated leadership roles managing complex Business Intelligence platforms
- Advanced degree or certification in advanced analytics and/or statistical analysis/methodologies preferred
- Experience with project management, SDLC and waterfall/agile methodologies a plus
- Experience working in an enterprise that leverages a diverse set of information management tools and technologies including products like Database: Oracle, Teradata; ERP: SAP, Business Intelligence: Cognos, Business Objects, Hyperion, MicroStrategy; Dashboards: Spotfire; Integration: Boomi, Tibco, Informatica; and Master Data Management.
- Experience with cloud architectures and cloud strategy
- Expert-level proficiency in SQL and relational database experience
- Strong data engineering and ETL experience
- Familiarity with business intelligence programming concepts and languages
- Experience in building enterprise-wide reporting and analytics platforms
- Track record of successful implementations that deliver value to the business, resulting in measurable business outcomes, while demonstrating exceptional business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex, cross-departmental business intelligence projects
- Strong technical knowledge of data management systems, data warehousing methodology, data quality, data modelling, data governance, analytics, and predictive modeling
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results
- Ability to react to change productively and positively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Keen analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to “roll up your sleeves”, drive forward progress and get the job done while maintaining a high level of team morale and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to confidently lead a team of reporting and analytics professionals
- Experience with Machine Learning and AI a plus
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.