Scientific Researcher - Immunologist
We are currently searching for a Scientific Researcher – Immunologist to provide services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Laboratory of Obesity and Aging Research (LOAR) Principal Investigator, on immunology experiments in the lab.
- Perform tissue culture and mouse experiments to analyze the effect of various drugs on the immune system.
- Communicate with the PI frequently with observations on planned lab experiments.
- Collaborate with other lab scientists and technicians in the laboratory.
- Conduct experiments and research and gather and analyze information to reach a conclusion.
- Work well with other team members, including other scientists, technicians, and staff members.
- Have strong attention to detail in order to record information accurately and design repeatable procedures.
- Deliver work products and documents related to designing, performing, analyzing, and summarizing all experiments.
- Provide up-to-date, real-time experimental results.
- Minimum of Ph.D. and or M.D. with 3-5 years of experience.
- Excellent laboratory skills including mouse-related experiments.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Strong publication record, including as a first author.
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.