Technical Product Manager, Computational Science Research Platform
Technical Product Manager, Computational Science Research Platform
The Technical Product Manager, Computational Science Research Platform is responsible for the ownership of Freenome’s development software systems to ensure the platform’s reliability and validity from lab to machine learning initiatives.
You will be responsible for coordinating and prioritizing the needs of the Machine Learning Scientists and Computational Biologists and working with engineers to manage various systems, services and downstream data. This position also requires you to innovate and improve upon the current software infrastructure in place, define new specifications for automation and further strengthen data integrity.
A detail-oriented approach will be paramount to this role coupled with strong software development through Agile. You will capture user requirements, plan, monitor and execute new software features and improvements. A comprehensive understanding of machine learning platforms and tools is also required to perform this role effectively. Proactive and creative problem-solvers are encouraged to apply.
How you’ll contribute:
- Manage development processes, systems and software infrastructure necessary to conduct internal research initiatives
- Build and maintain new software tools for scientific and machine learning teams
- Define and ship new internal software systems to increase productivity and integrity across R&D
- Lead data integrity projects at a cross-functional level from lab to machine learning
- Create product requirement documents (PRDs) and tangible roadmaps for engineering teams through Agile
- Track and drive development and ensure fulfillment of requirements using issue tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Facilitate productive interactions between users and engineers to ensure needs are understood and met
What you’ll bring:
- BS in computer science or related technical field, an understanding of molecular or computational biology preferred
- At least two years of experience in a software development environment, ideally within biotechnology and machine learning
- Deep knowledge and experience with shipping backend software systems and infrastructure (concept through execution)
- Experience leading software development efforts to meet regulated market standards (e.g., FDA or CE-mark)
- Experienced expert at identification and prioritization of software features
- Demonstrated track record of excelling in a process driven function
- Demonstration of measurably improving organizational success and processes
- Demonstration of leading complex trade-off decisions between functions
- Demonstration of scaling or navigating a new area to become an expert.
Freenome has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, our employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Freenome is on a mission to empower everyone with the tools they need to detect, treat, and ultimately prevent cancer.
We have pioneered the most comprehensive multiomics platform for early cancer detection through a routine blood draw. By combining deep expertise in molecular biology with advanced computational biology and machine learning techniques to recognize disease-associated patterns among billions of circulating, cell-free biomarkers, we are developing simple and accurate blood tests for early cancer detection and integrating the actionable insights into health systems to operationalize a machine learning feedback loop between care and science.
Our recent $270 Million Series C brings our financing to over $500 million from investors, including; Bain Capital, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Polaris Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., GV (formerly Google Ventures), Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Novartis and Verily Life Sciences.
Freenome is building technology to advance the understanding of cancer through multiple analytes derived from blood. These signals include cell-free DNA, methylation of cell-free DNA, cell-free RNA, circulating proteins, and immune profiling derived from thousands of prospective samples. By developing novel statistical learning methods and applying them to integrate various -omics datasets, Freenome is a leader in modeling specific biological mechanisms to capture disease-dependent signatures, including gene expression, immune response, tumor burden, the tissue of origin, and 3D chromatin structure.
By building comprehensive discovery datasets and modeling critical biological systems, Freenome is learning what biological changes are present within the blood between a variety of different disease states, including cancer, autoimmune disorders, infections, drug response, and aging. The synthesis of Freenome’s datasets, cross-functional technical expertise, and audacious mission to discover biological truth, we seek to improve the lives of millions through early detection and early treatment of disease.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic, and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
We value empathy, integrity, and trust in one another, and we respect the diverse perspectives of our colleagues and those we serve. We assume positive intent and give each other the benefit of the doubt with the firm belief that we are a team working toward the same objectives. We believe in empowering and supporting each other in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
What does a successful person look like at Freenome?
Those who thrive at Freenome prioritize, manage, and execute their own goals with ownership and alignment with those of the company. They embrace our values of empathy, integrity, striving for greatness, servant leadership, trust, and holding themselves and their team accountable to these values. They crave collaboration with brilliant minds from disparate fields of study and believe that hiring and mentorship are fundamental to our success. Above all, they welcome and provide constructive feedback and criticism, trusting in others’ good intentions, and being secure in knowing that embracing mistakes is the best way to learn and grow. For those who pursue challenges, understudied problems, and want the opportunity to see their work impact the lives of millions of people affected by cancer every year, there’s no better place to be than Freenome.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.