HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this role you will work in a dynamic production environment at the Amgen Thousand Oaks Drug Substance plant supporting development, clinical, and launch activities. Under general supervision, employee will perform operations in the Manufacturing area, specifically B23 Purification processes. Operations will be performed according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). This Associate is responsible for hands-on operations, set-up, clean, sanitize and prepare media and buffers per procedures. Responsibilities include:
- Perform and supervise critical processes
- Complete routine validation protocols
- Align with GMP's
- Regularly draft and revise routine documents (e.g. MPs, SOPs, and technical reports)
- Initiate Quality incidents
- Identify and recommend improvements related to routine functions and implement after approval
- Basic troubleshooting
- Recognize and accurately report problems
- Direct operators on critical processes
- Assist in the review of documentation for assigned functions (e.g. equipment logs, routine area audits, batch records)
- May train staff to perform hands-on tasks
- May act as safety representative
- May participate on cross-functional teams
- Working around fast paced systems and occasionally work around heavy equipment
- Performing activities that include periods of meticulous, repetitive work.
- Available to work various shifts (day, swing, graves, weekends, holidays, 5x8hrs, 4x10hrs, 3 or 4x12hrs) as decided by the production schedule.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Manufacturing professional we seek is hard-working with these qualifications.
- Bachelors degree OR Associates degree and 4 years of Manufacturing /Operations experience OR High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Manufacturing /Operations experience
- Bachelors Degree in Biology and/or Life Sciences
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to work in teams to complete operational tasks
- Able to take direction well, follow documents and policies at all times
- Able to take initiative
- Builds positive work environment through interactions with team members
- Able to regularly lift up to 35lbs, push and pull objects that require up to 50lbs of force, and work on your feet for long durations
- Able to perform the list of physical movements that may be necessary to perform daily functions on the production floor: bending, reaching above the head, climbing, kneeling, squatting, stooping, walking upstairs, and standing on portable stairs or ladders up to 6 feet off of the ground.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.