Sr Mfg Process Technician - Inspection and Packaging
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr Mfg. Process TechnicianLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for operating an automated and sophisticated manufacturing equipment necessary for the inspection and packaging operations of our products. This individual will be trained and cross-trained to both operate and troubleshoot issues (in the event of faults and machine stops) across a variety of equipment such as: automated inspection, assembly, labeling, printing and robotic automation. In addition to equipment operation and troubleshooting, this individual will be responsible for the product quality as a result of the performance of the equipment. This position requires mechanical aptitude for machine troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, and the willingness to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform equipment setup, operation, troubleshoot to meet all standards for safety, quality and efficiency. These tasks must be completed under minimal supervision.
- Maintain machine uptime, perform any fault clearing and clear stoppages on automated equipment.
- Utilize human machine interfaces (HMIs) to identify alarms and correct line stoppages.
- Ensures components and products are available for a continuous operation.
- Executes equipment inspections and generates emergency, corrective, or preventative work orders as needed in the Maximo system.
- Troubleshoot and identify potential solutions for mechanical errors, safety issues or general operating inefficiencies within the production processes.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to help drive improvement opportunities.
- Able to utilize computer systems to support material inventory system (SAP transactions) and electronic batch records.
- Execution of equipment/process validation protocols under minimal supervision.
- Safely follow standard operating procedures including but not limited to material handling, record keeping, inspection and packaging. Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Notifies Team Leader or Production Supervisor of any discrepancies to ensure quality standards and safety of operations are always maintained.
- Train fellow staff on the manufacturing processes, equipment, and general skills.
- Perform other duties as required
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Sr Mfg. Process Technician professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications.The Basic Qualifications are:
Associates degree and 4 years of manufacturing experienceOr
High school diploma and 6 years of manufacturing experienceBeyond that, the preferred qualifications are:
- Educational Background in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering or Electronic Engineering Technology
- Working experience in GMP or other regulated environment.
- Ability to utilize computer systems to support the material inventory system (SAP transactions) and electronic batch records.
- Excellent attention to detail, good organization, and capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to work in small groups and cross functional teams to troubleshoot issues, identify and implement collective corrective actions.
- Experience working with highly automated equipment.
- Experience working with Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs).
- Experience working with discrete component assembly.
- Ideal candidate will have keen eye for quality, is diligent, and will work collaborative within a team, and possess a positive attitude.
- Knowledgeable of the following technical areas: Packaging or Process Equipment/System Maintenance
- Available to support Operation in Non-Standard shift that includes weekends and /or holidays as determined by business.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.