Observational Research Sr Mgr
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Biostatistical Programming Senior ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will provide leadership to the US-based Therapeutic Area programming team in the development and implement of real-world evidence (RWE) observational studies and ensures adequate and timely delivery of results.
- Execute and lead the programming for observational research studies across multiple types of data including medical claims, electronic health records, and survey data
- Work cross-functionally to establish and maintain priorities on projects and allocate staff and FSP external workers to projects in alignment with business and product priorities
- Communicate and interpret technical, scientific information to a variety of audiences
- Effective people management, through staff development, engagement, and performance management
- Implement new approaches for working with Big Data in healthcare, such as using common data models, data visualization, and efficiency initiatives in large databases
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The strong professional we seek is an expert with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of statistical programming in pharmaceutical industry experience or
- Masters degree and 6 years of statistical programming in pharmaceutical industry experience or
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of statistical programming in pharmaceutical industry experience
- Masters degree in quantitative or scientific subjects
- 8+ years of significant statistical programming experience
- Experience leading programming teams
- Experience working effectively in a globally dispersed team environment with cross-cultural partners
- Prior staff development leadership and project management experience
- In-depth knowledge of real world data and large claims dataset programming experience
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.