Senior Director, Health Outcomes Liaison
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
This is a remote position.
The Senior Director, Health Outcomes Liaisons is responsible for developing the strategic and tactical direction of the Health Outcomes Liaison (HOLs) Team. The position manages directly or indirectly HOLs who work collaboratively with HEOR and Market Access Leadership to provide medical account management to priority national and regional accounts to ensure appropriate patient access to DSI marketed products. In collaboration with HEOR and Medical Research and Strategy Teams, supports the development of field-based therapeutic, pharmacoeconomic, health outcomes research, disease management, and Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) strategies; and ensures the tactical implementation of these strategies in therapeutic areas important to DSI.
In collaboration with Market Access Leadership, positions the HOL Team as the primary Medical Affairs point of contact with Key Health Care / Population Health Decision Makers within priority National and Regional Accounts for all scientific and clinical issues and initiatives in therapeutic areas important to DSI. Establishes HOL Team to serve as the primary Medical Affairs point of contact with Key Health Care / Population Health Decision Makers for formulary related discussions, clinical formulary and therapeutic decisions, and follow-up related to ensuring optimal access to DSI marketed products. Works collaboratively with Market Access to ensure synergistic and comprehensive Medical Affairs account management support to priority National and Regional Accounts, Payers, and Clinical Pathway decision makers while also gathering external stakeholder insights to remove barriers and increase patient access to DSI products.
The position is accountable for the appropriate and accurate disclosure of health outcomes research data, pharmacoeconomic, disease management, and EBM information to Key Health Care and Population Health Decision Makers by the Health Outcomes liaison team; and for developing relationships with experts in the field of health outcomes research, disease management, and market insights on the emerging trends of evidence requirements to support formulary and health care decision making. The Senior Director works closely with colleagues in Health Economics and Outcomes Research, other colleagues within Medical Affairs, Field Medical Affairs, Managed Markets, Marketing, Sales, Legal and Compliance to ensure alignment of HOL Team with DSI business critical activities. The position will have accountability for ensuring the appropriate utilization of HOL personnel consistent with related SOPs, rules and regulations, as well as for the appropriate utilization of financial and other resources required to achieve the DSI medical objectives. The position serve as an active member of the Field Medical Affairs Leadership Team.
- In collaboration with USMA (MR&S, MI&E, HEOR, and FMA) and Market Access develops the strategic and tactical direction of the Health Outcomes Liaison (HOLs) Team in alignment with US Medical Affairs Plans.
- Works collaboratively with Market Access Leadership and HOL Team to strategically provide medical account management to priority National and Regional Accounts, Payers, and Clinical Pathway decision makers to ensure appropriate patient access to DSI marketed products.
- In collaboration with Market Access, establishes HOL Team to serve as the primary Medical Affairs point of contact with Key Health Care and Population Health Decision Makers for formulary related discussions, clinical formulary and therapeutic decisions, and follow-up related to ensuring optimal access to DSI marketed products.
- All aspects of recruiting, hiring, on-boarding and developing HOLs in order to establish a responsible and accountable HOL Team culture
- Effectively manages HOL Team operational budget
- Develop and implement annual HOL Team Objectives and Individual Development Plans and actively engages in real-time coaching and development of HOLs; completes semi- and annual performance evaluations
- Develop and implement the field-based HOL Team strategies and ensure the tactical implementation of these strategies in therapeutic areas consistent with company SOPs, rules and regulations.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- PharmD in a health sciences related field preferred
- PhD in a health sciences related field preferred
- MD in a health sciences related field preferred
- Master's Degree in epidemiology, or health economics or health services research with 10 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- 10 or More Years Experience including health economics & outcomes research, medical & scientific affairs, clinical practice, research, academic or US managed markets required
- 7 or More Years In the pharmaceutical industry; required
- 1 or More Years Designing, conducting, communicating, or applying outcomes research; preferred
- 4 or More Years Field-based managerial experience of individuals with an advanced scientific degree; preferred
- 4 or More Years Previous experience in Oncology, disease management principles and tools, and EBM preferred.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.