REPORTS TO: Sr. Director Corporate Controller (temporary) / Assistant Controller (perm)
This role is directly responsible for the day-to-day financial oversight of Day One Bio’s clinical trials, will support the clinical trial team and Finance team in all financial accounting, reporting, and analysis associated with running clinical trials. This person will be the gatekeeper of all accounting related to the clinical trial activities, monthly actual reporting, monthly accrual, re-forecasts, the long-range model, and project modeling. This position reports to the Senior Director, Finance & Corporate Controller for a short period of time while the Assistant Controller joins the company. The role requires the Sr. Accountant to produce high-quality work while maintaining professionalism, attention to detail, an internal control mindsight, and the highest degree of integrity. An ability to communicate with internal clinical trial team members as well as external business partners is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· 3+ years of Finance and Accounting experience
· CPA (Active or Inactive) a plus
· Strong General Ledger knowledge
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
· Strong knowledge and understanding of financial analysis and modeling
· Proficient in Excel
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to listen & build relationships
· Results orientated. High energy, self-starter
· Strong analytical and process improvement skills
· Highly collaborative and a strong team player
· Ability to adjust / function in ambiguity and solve problems in such an environment
· Understands the unique needs of their audiences and tailors the message accordingly
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Day One Biopharmaceuticals do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Day One Biopharmaceuticals or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Day One Biopharmaceutical’s internal HRteam. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Day One Biopharmaceuticals, and Day One Biopharmaceuticals will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Day One Biopharmaceuticals will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.