Temp- Scientist (Formulation Development)
We are seeking Scientist (Temp) to support key formulation and drug product development activities within the Formulation Development Group of Regeneron Pharmaceutical Inc. at Tarrytown, NY.
In this role, you will develop antibody-based and other biologic drug products, and craft analytical methods to assess their quality and stability. As a Scientist, you will collaborate with various teams to move drug products from pre-clinical through commercial stages. You will carry out and lead protein formulation development and stability testing of lyophilized and liquid drug products. You will also perform research on protein stability and characterization, analytical method development and new technology identification and implementation.
A Typical Day in the Role of Scientist Might Look Like:
• Responsible for all aspects of formulation and drug product development projects including early and late stages.
• Conducts biophysical/physicochemical characterization, pre-formulation activities and selection of preclinical drug candidates.
• Develops fit for purpose analytical methods to support formulation development, process development, and research stability testing.
• Leads, guides, and works with other scientists in conducting research and developmental work, and investigating and solving development problems.
• Sets goals, assigns tasks, and provides performance management and career development as needed.
• Mentors junior scientists and associates as needed
• Serves as a member of drug development teams, and shares knowledge and expertise of formulation development within the company.
• Authors and reviews formulation development sections of regulatory and technical documents, study reports and technology transfer documents.
• Contributes to general laboratory and equipment maintenance.
This Job Might Be For You If:
• You have an excellent problem-solving approach
• You thrive in a fast-paced, creative and diverse team environment
This role requires a Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or related field with 0-2+ years protein experience and a track record of publications in quality peer-reviewed journals, and conference presentations. Post-doctoral experience is preferred but not required. The ability to independently design and execute experiments, as well as interpret, document and communicate results is required. Expertise in protein chemistry/biochemistry and characterization, with keen analytical and problem-solving skills are a must. Experience with protein stability, structure or biophysics is highly desirable. Hands-on experience and trouble-shooting proficiency with applying chromatographic methods (HPLC, UPLC, column chromatography), capillary electrophoresis and/or biophysical techniques (UV-vis, DLS, CD, FTIR, DSC, AUC, Fluorescence, Raman spectroscopy, particle analysis, etc.) for protein characterization is a plus. Experience with statistical analysis software (such as JMP) is beneficial. Experience with quality by design (QbD) or the application of statistical approaches to formulation or analytical method development including design of experiments (DoE) is helpful. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required. Passion for science and motivation for making contributions in a team environment are vital. Must excel when working in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.