Cybin has an exciting opportunity to join the growing team!
A leading biotechnology company, Cybinis focused on and dedicated to progressing psychedelic therapeutics byutilizing proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug deliverysystems, novel formulation approaches, and treatment regimens for psychiatricdisorders. To learn more about Cybin, visit https://www.cybin.com.ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director, Neurochemistry will be a key member of the Cybin R&D team advising and leading multiple internal and partnered drug discovery efforts. Under the direction of the Chief Science Officer and Chief R&D Officer, the successful candidate will contribute to advancing the companys overall R&D strategy for drug discovery and development. The selected candidate will be a key leader in chemistry research and discovery, advancing novel chemistries to pharmaceutically practical assets and applications, and contributing to key decisions leading up to the nonclinical and clinical development of several unique therapeutic platforms. The Director, Neurochemistry will work closely with all research, discovery, non-clinical GLP development, and CMC functions to ensure that innovative platform research and application programs are fully supportive of strategic objectives and emerging clinical pipeline.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide medicinal chemistry leadership to initiate and lead cutting edge research on the application of psychedelic drugs
- Develop and execute research and early discovery project plans that will systematically address multiple target and indication opportunities in line with strategic direction determined by research leadership
- Contribute to the creation and execution of chemistry plans to ensure robust, cost-effective support of company discovery and development portfolio
- Support the Chemistry Operations in planning discovery activities including internal and external projects
- Contribute to and provide support for the creation of new intellectual properties
- Present on work products in departmental and cross-functional meetings
- Contribute to and collaborate with the team in regulatory filings
- Contribute to and collaborate with research and development teams in scientific publications
- Maintain the highest level of scientific rigor and professionalism within our organization
- Ph.D. in synthetic or medicinal chemistry
- 10+ years industry experience in drug discovery and development
- Minimum 5 Years of Management Experience
- Experience in developing CNS drugs is highly desirable
- Demonstrated success in the design, optimization, and delivery of new therapeutics
- Experience in chemistry support to successful IND and/or NDA submissions or equivalent is preferred
- High degree of energy, attention to detail, and a passion for delivering important new therapies to patients with devastating diseases
- Outstanding scientific leadership and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) productively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and organizational skills
Cybin Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact us at HR@cybin.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We appreciate all applications however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.