R&D Specialist, Therapeutic Antibodies (High Throughput Screening)
Regeneron's Therapeutic Antibodies group, located in Tarrytown, NY is looking for a highly motivated R&D Specialist to join our MAPCore team. In this role you will contribute to the identification of potential therapeutic antibodies, in vitro characterization, and selection process of the lead molecules in early discovery stage. As a Specialist, you will be expected to develop and optimize recombinant protein and bead-based immunoassays suitable for high-throughput antibody screenings with a focus on Immunology, Immuno-Oncology and Infectious Diseases targets.
A Typical Day in the role of MAPCore Specialist Might Look Like:
- Design and optimize immunoassays to assess binding properties of antibody therapeutics with referencing protocols.
- Design and execute multiplexing binning assays to categorize the diversity of antibodies in the collection.
- Execute assays according to established protocols as a part of antibody high throughput screenings.
- Perform medium to high throughput multiplexing Luminex assays.
- Compile and analyze binding data by Excel and graphing software.
- Compile and analyze binning data by Excel and clustering software.
- Keep manager and the project team informed of experimental results, prepare written and oral presentations to the screening team and interdepartmental project team.
- Keep accurate records of experimental procedures and results.
This Role Might Be For You If You Have:
- You enjoy working productively in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- You have an eye for detail and pride yourself on the quality of your work.
- With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This role requires minimum of 2 years of experience with a Master’s degree, or 4 years of experience or more with a Bachelor’s degree with extensive knowledge of biochemistry, cell biology or immunology and hands-on research/development experience required. Strong background in in vitro protein characterization, such as quantitative ligand/receptor or antigen/antibody binding characterization in the field of biochemistry, cell biology or immunology. Skilled in immunoassay and protein assay development (ELISA, label-free biosensor technology, flow cytometry) highly preferred. Skilled in bead-based multiplexing assays (Luminex) preferred. High throughput screening experience and familiarity with robotic systems are helpful. Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, and graphing software required. Experience of data processing by programming or coding is beneficial. Must be able to multitask and perform data analysis under time pressure. Ideal candidate should have experience working independently as well as a collaborative team member and communicate effectively within a large team. Excellent adaptability and flexibility essential. Great attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills needed.