Associate EHS Specialist
Pfizer’s Environmental, Health and Safety team is critical to ensuring the highest safety standards are met for our patients and our colleagues. You will be part of an innovative community dedicated to delivering excellence which enables Pfizer to get our medicines in the hands of the people who need them most more efficiently, and safer, than ever before."What You Will Achieve
You will be part of a dynamic team of experts who form Pfizer’s Environment, Health & Safety division. Due to the importance of this team for Pfizer’s employees and patients, the organization relies heavily on its team members’ timely actions and efficiency.
You will be responsible for activities related to compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations/company policies. You will also assist in planning the changes in physical facilities to meet new environmental requirements.
This entry-level position is designed to provide recent graduates accelerated training in the EHS field, with primary emphasis on Process Safety Management (PSM). The role offers real world, hands-on experience in important roles and projects to the company while promoting personal and professional growth in multiple EHS programs. As an associate, your focus on the job will contribute in achieving project tasks and goals. Through your domain knowledge and commitment, you will create a collaborative team environment for your colleagues.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
The successful candidate will primarily provide support to the Process Safety Management (PSM) team, and responsibilities include:
- Gather and prepare Process Safety Information (PSI) packages to support Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Review production schedules and PHA revalidation dates to manage PHA schedule
- Manage PHA recommendation tracking system
- Track key metrics
- Support PHA studies – scribe, field walkdowns, complete checklists
- Complete dispersion modeling of volatile toxic and flammable material releases
- Evaluate and compare equipment to determine impacts of equipment changes and scale-ups to existing PHA studies
- Take direction from senior PSM team members to support special projects and engineering studies
At times, the position may also provide support to other EHS functions, including activities such as sampling, data analysis, field assessments, data entry, and report generation.
- Contribute to the completion of project tasks and milestones.
- Organize own work to meet project task deadlines.
- Conduct Environment, Health & Safety (local applications) trainings.
- Inspect and assure quality control and safety execution of all facilities work.
- Formulate cost effective alternatives for corrective actions.
- Participate in risk assessment process and guide the team in conducting the assessment and suggesting suitable controls in guidance from supervisor.
- Education: BS degree; chemical engineering preferred
- Experience: None required; internship in related field or pharmaceutical/chemical manufacturing operations preferred.
- High proficiency in all MS Office applications
- Language Skills: Effective written and oral communication.
- Proactive, seeks to learn and develop skills
- High learning agility
- Experience working in manufacturing environment, pharmaceutical, refinery, or bulk chemical preferred
- Experience in walking down and reading P&IDs
- Knowledge of Lean and Statistical Analysis
Ability to perform mathematical calculations and perform complex data analysis. Self-driven, insightful.
Frequent time in the manufacturing area around equipment with moving parts, stair climbing, roof access.
Reasoning Ability: Assignments are well defined, requiring limited judgment to solve or complete. The incumbent's work is closely reviewed and will generally follow specific instructions and procedures. Latitude for judgment and initiative is allowed depending upon complexity of the situation.
Typically in an office environment, but must be willing to work in the field and operating units as needed to fully analyze situations and complete tasks necessary to support EHS compliance activities.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Standard work schedule, Monday – Friday, days; may infrequently require off-shift and weekend support.
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: October 22, 2021
Eligible for Relocation: Yes
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Environmental, Health & Safety#LI-PFE