Lead Automation Engineer (3rd shift)
- The Lead Automation Engineer will have overall responsibility for managing regulatory aspects of the sites networked engineering data collection, monitoring, and SCADA systems.
- This individual will provide oversight and compliance during operation and change management of sites Environmental Monitoring System, Utilities Management System, Calibration Management System, and other similar engineering SCADA and Data Collection Systems.
- The Lead Automation Engineer will provide the necessary leadership, resources (internal and external) to ensure the success of the automation and controls for engineering projects at the site.
- Assuring various user levels have appropriate, documented training and authorization for access to engineering managed computer systems.
- Implementation of compliance initiatives including monitoring of system security procedures and practices, review of audit trails and system logins for conformance and assessment of cumulative change impact.
- Manage and execute automation and controls for capital investments at the site, as well as develop site procedures for documentation of automation control systems, from specifications through operational procedures.
- Partner with other engineering, production and validation leads to ensure proper project management of all site capital projects.
- Develop and oversee regulatory design aspects for quality related engineering managed computer systems.
- Bachelor’s degree (chemical, computer, mechanical, electrical engineering or relevant discipline) with 5+ years of experience required, Pharmaceutical Industry preferred.
- Master’s degree (chemical, computer, mechanical, electrical engineering or relevant discipline) with 3+ years Engineering experience required, Pharmaceutical Industry preferred.
- Knowledge of working with computers and associated applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint are required.
- Ideal candidate will have broad experience in a pharmaceutical environment with a hands-on understanding of control and data acquisition systems, IT infrastructures, automated calibration and maintenance management systems
- Experience in designing and implementing PLC, SCADA, OPC, Data Management or networked automated systems and electronic batch records.
- Demonstrated experience in project management to timelines and budgets is a requirement.
- Experience in troubleshooting issues to root cause and recommending and implementing effective corrective actions.
- Ensure that proven practices are defined and understood by team members who have the responsibility to implement automation systems
- Display excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral).
- Manage capital projects from conceptual phases through equipment installations, cGMP compliance, commissioning, validation and continuous improvement.
- Have hands-on experience with engineering design, commissioning and validation.
- Planning and scheduling experience in these activities is required.
- Able to stand for extended hours for test runs
- Able to climb ladders/steps
- Able to lift items of 25lbs
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends as needed.
- Position will be 3rd shift, 10 pm - 6 am, Monday - Friday
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 10/21/21
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Engineering#LI-PFE