Pfizer Connect IM Area Business Manager (Sales Manager)
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Pfizer Connect Area Business Manager reports into the Pfizer Connect National Business Director and works with U.S. customer facing and HQ teams across the organization. The PC-ABM is responsible to deliver against sales and customer experience objectives for an assigned list of HCP customers via outbound virtual approaches. They are accountable for the supervision, development and leadership of 10-12 Pfizer Connect Health & Science Representatives (PCHRs) at the Pfizer Connect Center, sales performance of the business portfolio of products, development of superior virtual excellence capabilities across the team and business knowledge of the area landscape to assess key stakeholders and future trends within the business marketplace.
This position will require regular in-person coaching and observation of PCHRs at the designated Pfizer Connect Center and frequent customer contact as well as the development of a strong, effective partnership with marketing and channel (e.g., KAMs) colleagues. The PC-ABM will ensure compliant execution by team members, driving understanding of relevant policies and guidance and advancing a culture of integrity.
The PC-ABM will partner seamlessly with Pfizer Connect leadership to deliver the optimal customer experience, advance capabilities and performance of colleagues at the Pfizer Connect Center as well as with BU leadership on the achievement of sales and engagement metrics.
Responsible for supervising operations of the assigned virtual area to include hiring, coaching, representative development, performance management, and the review of key "priority" accounts within the medical community, managing 10-12 sales representatives.
Effectively plan and operationalize a strategy to achieve assigned business and customer experience objectives, collaborating with Pfizer Connect and BU partners, including but not limited to Management Teams, Channel Partners, and other cross-functional partners.
BU Area Ownership / Alignment
- Develops and implements strategic plans for the assigned virtual area and overall responsibility for budgets in alignment with BU Regional Business Director and Pfizer Connect National Business Director’s expectations to achieve the business potential of the area
- Proactively analyzes data to identify market trends
- Collaborates, identifies, & motivates key account development and opportunities that impacts regional / national business
- Builds relationships with customers (including KOLs) and key stakeholders (including members of the Region Management Teams, Channel Partners, and other cross-functional partners) and utilizes content appropriately for engagement
- Effectively plan and conduct plan of action and other meetings with BU Area Business Teams, Channel Partners, and other cross-functional partners
- Collaborates effectively in an integrated account team and champions the value of cross-functional collaboration to deliver on customer needs
- Leads cross functional partnerships where, for example, the Pfizer Connect ABM partners with their in-field counterpart to coordinate a program for an office / HCP to meet defined needs in a compliant manner
- Maintains enhanced product and or portfolio, disease state, and market knowledge in order to respond accurately to all questions regarding products, policies, and business-related issues from customers & reps
- Ensures actions of self and team are fully compliant; has complete understanding of all relevant compliance laws, policies and processes
- Implements and upholds required Standards with promotional colleagues
- Ensures appropriate integration with the BU teams for themselves and for the PCHR’s (i.e. with the BU ABM and Region)
- Applies situational leadership skills and employs multiple and interactive methods of coaching (e.g., virtual ‘ride a longs’, utilization of chat function while shadowing, F2F coaching) to build rep capabilities
- Builds strong team culture, colleague engagement and morale
- Promotes a feedback culture and continuous improvement mindset in team to assess quality of customer experience (e.g., uses virtual pulse surveys, team barometers, customer feedback)
- Set team goals and hold team members accountable for consistent adherence (e.g., time management, technical knowledge, communication, compliance, use of technology)
- Maintains visibility into individual call planning for direct reports
Virtual Excellence / Customer Experience / Pfizer Connect Leadership
- Works with Pfizer Connect National Business Director and peers to continuously improve performance and execution of promotional skills, product knowledge, and capabilities needed for individuals and teams
- Uses metrics to continuously monitor and improve the customer experience provided by representatives on his/her team while sharing best practices and learnings with other Pfizer Connect Leaders
- Builds a diverse, capable pipeline of talent for future Health & Science Sales roles in the BUs
- Able to expertly operate digital and virtual tools / platforms and trains the team to master all available digital / virtual content
- Demonstrates advanced virtual communication skills (e.g., empathy, listening, asking probing questions)
- Models systematic approach to virtual engagement (e.g., clear agenda, next steps/follow ups)
- Demonstrates remote collaboration skills to seamlessly connect with other BU CFCs and uses digital tools (e.g., digital triage app)
- Leverages insights and time management from new analytics tools (e.g., Fit-for-Role Profile)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 10+ years of experience required; less with advanced degree
- At least 3-5 years spent in a position with demonstrated leadership across peer and customer groups.
- 2+ years of experience in a business or professional setting utilizing computers, software or applications for day-to-day business processes
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications
- This position may require travel as needed to develop internal and external relationships.
- MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
- Previous pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical marketing/sales experience preferred
- Experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations preferred
- 2+ years of prior experience with virtual selling strongly preferred
- Prior management experience including developing, coaching and managing for performance
- Prior experience discussing negotiated contract terms and options with customers
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings or small group events
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Some domestic travel may be required
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: October 22, 2021
- Additional Location Information: Selected candidate will be located at a Pfizer Connect office – Lake Forest or Tampa
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Sales#LI-PFE