At FDB, your passion – your Genki – is your power. Here, your passions will be recognized, nurtured, fueled, and celebrated by those around you.
Join FDB and join other motivated individuals who fuel one another's passions and embrace every day as an opportunity for impact where we know it matters most: human lives.
Advance tomorrow's medicines with us!
Summary: The Validation Manager will be responsible for supervision and/or hands on drafting and executing utility, process systems and process support systems qualification test work as well as support cleaning and process validation when necessary. Preparing validation summary reports for the qualification and validation of systems used to manufacture drug or biologics products.
- Effectively schedule validation activities in co-operation with other departments, company priorities, and department goals.
- Coordinate resources and personnel to achieve company and department goals
- Pre-approve qualification protocols and post-approve summary reports.
- Execute protocols.
- Approves the resolution of discrepancies encountered during protocol execution.
- Supports cleaning validation, process validation, and aseptic process simulation, where necessary.
- Investigate and close-out exception reports and non-conformances associated with validation studies.
- Assist in continuous improvement for the department by evaluating systems to improve functionality and efficiency.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Assist in directing the activities and overseeing validation full time employees and/or contractors.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in process systems associated with the manufacture of a biopharmaceutical product.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in clean room qualifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cGMP compliance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Operation of test equipment such as: temperature logger equipment, fog machine, air sampling equipment.
- Working on ladders.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Life Sciences, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering and 6 years of experience in validation activities in facilities commissioning and systems qualification.
- 4 years' experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
- 4 years' cGMP experience.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3500.