Director, Alliance Management
Director, Alliance Management
Bolt Biotherapeutics has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Director, Alliance Management. The Director will work closely with and report to the Chief Business Officer and will be the company’s first dedicated alliance management hire.
This hire will be responsible for advancement of alliance management activities to build company value through strategic alliances and will work in close coordination with Business Development and Project Management. He/She/They will serve as a cross-functional leader working in close coordination with key senior governance staff, the project team and other colleagues (e.g., Business Development, Legal, Finance, Project Management, and R&D) and engaging with our partners and prospective partners.
- Serve as a key contact for existing partners and on the team negotiating and executing new strategic alliances looking for opportunities to best further Bolt’s business goals in the context of such collaborations
- Interpret and implement the contractual obligations, and ensure the timely execution of business and financial objectives and work with BD & legal to interpret terms of contract to proactively identify and resolve conflicts
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships for effective operations
- Ensure effective partnership governance and planning
- Provide guidance to others working on partnerships
- Leverage strong internal relationships and external network to drive the execution of initiatives
- Generate and deliver impactful presentations to senior management and key decision-makers
- Lead initiatives to enhance alliance management capabilities
- A minimum of 10 years of post-baccalaureate experience in the biopharma industry is required.
- Minimum of a BA/BS is required, while an advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MS, MBA, MD) is desirable in a discipline related to drug development or business.
- Regional experience (Asia, Europe) is a plus.
- Track record of productive participation in an alliance management role.
- Technical ability to understand pipeline/portfolio at the company and potential partners.
- Ability to summarize or simplify complex concepts and to “think on your feet.”
- Experience with co-development/commercialization partnerships and/or regional licenses.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated creativity, flexibility and problem-solving ability, solid knowledge base regarding business development and alliance management practices and trends, firm grounding in intellectual property/licensing matters, and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with interactions across multiple, diverse disciplines.
- Positive attitude, attention to detail and polished presentation skills
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with likeminded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.