Laboratory Operations Manager
Implementing operational excellence across all laboratories is an essential component for the production of high-quality data sets that are used in machine learning. As a Laboratory Operations Manager, you will be responsible for achieving high quality and efficient operations across all production, automation and research laboratories. Within this organizational framework responsibilities include laboratory performance and productivity including equipment, equipment maintenance, supplies, staffing, training, software and documentation. Compliance with applicable state and federal regulations related to safety and the environment is an important part of this position.
You will work to sustain the day-to-day functions of laboratories with inventory stocking, reagent ordering, and lab cleanliness and organization. You will also work to manage vendor relationships to keep abreast of supply chain quality issues. Importantly, you will also work to ensure the safety of our laboratory personnel and manage our EH&S activities.
You will be joining a biotech startup that has long-term stability due to significant funding, providing many opportunities for meaningful impact. You will work closely with a very talented team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro’s culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!
- B.S./M.S./PhD in biological science or relevant disciplines, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in laboratory management
- Significant experience managing inventory systems for laboratory supplies, reagents, chemicals and cell lines
- Demonstrated track record of identifying and implementing process improvements for laboratory operations
- Experience with training new and current laboratory personnel in laboratory procedures and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to implement and manage laboratory best practices and safety programs
- Expertise in overseeing lab equipment QC, calibration, and maintenance
- Familiarity with monitoring and analyzing laboratory workflows and inventory consumption
- Experience with designing, coordinating, and improving laboratory schedules and logistics
- Experience managing external services for sample processing and QC
- Must be highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds