Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career.
If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Sorrento Therapeutics (“Sorrento”) is seeking an experienced Senior Scientist. The Senior Scientist is responsible for the assay development, optimization, and validation to support pre-clinical and clinical trial, it is also responsible for ensuring that the process and/or product meets quality and regulatory requirements. This position plays an important role in the qualification/validation and successful transferring of assay methods from or to quality control personnel internally and at client sites.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develops reliable biochemical and biological assays for process monitoring and/or product characterization.
- Communicates findings, presents data and conclusions openly and effectively.
- Reviews scientific literature and other technical publications to stay up-to-date and maintains expertise in assay development, cell biology and immunology.
- Writes development reports.
- Creates standard operating procedures and data capture forms
- Develops and carries out assay qualification studies.
- Supports product and reference standard stability studies.
- Carries out in-process and drug product testing in support of biopharmaceutical product manufacturing and fill/finish activities.
- Provides scientific/technical guidance and decision-making as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD’s degree in biology, biochemistry, Bio-engineering or related disciplines with 0-5 years or master’s degree with greater than 8 years post-graduate or industrial experience.
- Experience with Flow cytometry, ELISA will be preferred.
- Support scientists who are on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your attention on your passion.
- A comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k, company paid holidays, and Flexible PTO, plus stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, please apply, we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer