Phage Hunting Microbiologist
Exciting opportunity for an experienced microbiologist/phage biologist to join the team at Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT). The candidate will work in the field and within our Phage Hunting lab on all aspects of this department.
- Assist with the organization of the phage hunting interns work and lab schedules.
- Perform environmental sample processing for phage hunting according to APT's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform in-house microbiological assays for bacteriophage extractions and additional processing.
- Documenting activities clearly and accurately according to SOPs per QMS, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain the laboratory records, including cleaning and equipment logs. Will coordinate with other departments to fulfill laboratory material supply needs.
- Prepare reports or summaries as required within the necessary time frame.
- Adhere to current Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Biological Safety Level-2 (BSL-2), and aseptic technique in all laboratory processes.
- Prepare appropriate reagents for processing according to APT's SOPs.
- Must maintain a clean working environment including participation in regular laboratory cleaning schedule per established cleaning SOPs.
- Be comfortable learning new methodologies and skills rapidly while maintaining critical thinking to improve processes and documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in biology or a related life science field.
- Microbiology Lab experience is required.
- Local travel for sampling collection is required.
- Industry job experience is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Outstanding organizational and technical communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivation, adaptability, positive attitude, and the ability to multitask while under pressure.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and work for extended periods of time.