Scientist (Lipid Biology/Biochemistry)
GABAeron, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on developing therapies using stem
cells and small molecules to treat neurological diseases. GABAeron takes a novel approach that
combines precision medicine (using genetic information for patient stratification) with regenerative
medicine (using human iPSC-derived cell products for therapy) and pharmacological intervention
(small molecules). The therapeutic programs of GABAeron are specifically designed to replace
or protect some of the most vulnerable brain cell populations to restore and preserve brain
functions with human iPSC-derived cell products and small molecules in patients with genetically
defined neurological diseases.
We are looking for an outstanding scientist with in-depth knowledge of lipid biology, particularly
cholesterol biosynthesis and metabolism, and strong expertise in biochemistry and cell-based
assays. The selected candidate will play a vital role in a research team focused on assay
development targeting various neurobiological diseases. This person will be responsible for
designing and running rigorous, consistent, and well-documented studies, organizing and
analyzing the data, and presenting the data to research groups and management.
- A highly motivated scientist with a proven track record of accomplishments
- Ph.D. degree in metabolism and lipid biology, biochemistry, or a closely related field with
- 2+ years of postdoctoral or biotech experience
- Experience in lipid biology and cholesterol biosynthesis
- Familiar with current biochemical and molecular biology techniques, such as western, ELISA, qPCR, etc.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and excellent sterile techniques
- Close attention to detail and documentation practices, functionally organized
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience developing biochemical and/or cell-based assays
- Experience in mammalian cell culture predominantly neuronal cell culture
- Familiar with Google Suite and software for data management and statistical analysis
GABAeron is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note: GABAeron does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including
recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias,
GABAeron employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed
agreement will become property of GABAeron.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: GABAeron participates in E-Verify in the United States. GABAeron will
provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of
Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work