Director/Senior Director, Medical Communications
Location: Redwood City, CA
The Director/Senior Director, Medical Communications is a vital member of the Medical Affairs team who will oversee the development and execution of medical communications for our approved and pipeline immuno-oncology and biosimilar products. This highly visible role will engage key thought leaders while collaborating cross-functionally with Project teams, Clinical Development, Product Safety, Quality Assurance and the broader Medical Affairs team.
This person’s responsibilities will include the development of clinically focused medical communications including publications, congress plans, slide decks, as well as supporting medical affairs advisory board’s strategy and content.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Become a subject matter expert and internal liaison for immuno-oncology, ophthalmology and other pipeline products
- Lead and manage the execution of publication and congress planning, with an understanding of how these activities support the overall Medical Affairs and Brand strategy
- Support the development of medical/scientific content for scientific exchange, advisory boards and training
- Manage external vendors/medical agencies assisting with medical content planning and execution and managing budgets
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality, fair-balanced, scientifically/clinically accurate medical communications deliverables in accordance with established timelines, compliance guidelines/policies, and budgets
- Support the creation of annual and long-range global medical communications plans and budgets
- Doctoral level degree (Ph.D., Pharm.D., or M.D.) in life sciences with minimum of 5 years bio-pharmaceutical industry experience within Medical or Clinical Affairs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to understand and effectively communicate complex scientific and clinical data to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with oncology or immuno-oncology products preferred
- Experience with publication planning and execution as well as broader medical communications activities within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Ability to collaborate internally and build solid working relationships cross-functionally
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, think critically, and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of applicable guidelines including ICMJE, ACCME, OIG, PhRMA, GPP & GCP
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.