Associate Director/Director, Immuno-Oncology Market Research
This position supports our understanding of information about current and future markets, product performance, customers, and competitors. Additionally, he or she identifies critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborates with Coherus teams, and works to embed an external market point-of view into the strategic direction of the company. This position will contribute to Market Research efforts supporting the launch of PD-1 products.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leads strategic market planning activities through primary market and secondary research for the launch of our PD-1 pipeline products.
- Works with key stakeholders (e.g., Marketing, Medical Affairs, etc.) to create and implement market research plans/methods and budgets to prepare the commercial team for launch readiness
- Identify and frame key business issues needing further research and align relevant team members on the objectives, research approaches, and recommendations
- Manages market research studies, including project objective, design, vendor selection and oversight, and data interpretation
- Investigate key questions, summarize findings and provide information to commercial customers and product teams. Willingness to present the facts and put forth hypothesis in the face of differing opinions.
- Provide recommendations on marketing strategies and tactic effectiveness.
- Support strategic decision making across functional areas to help maximize Coherus commercial success by providing an objective commercial viewpoint based on understanding and analysis of customer and environmental information.
- Be accountable for conducting research & intelligence activities in a compliant manner
- Serves as a resource for an objective market viewpoint based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of customer and environmental information.
- Evaluates the market landscape, monitor changes and predict trends in market dynamics and competition.
- Recommends courses of action to assess potential impact to the business.
- Consolidate views for structured scenario planning and provide inputs into forecasting business development assumptions
- Monitor and track Coherus and competitive performance and provide regular updates of any developments of competitors such as clinical trial completion, publication of data, or change in regulatory status
- Support strategic competitive reviews and Red Team exercises
- Support Life-Cycle and Portfolio Management analytics process with situational analyses.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders across Sales Operations, Marketing, Business Development, Clinical and others
- Ability to adjust to changing needs within the organization and flexibility to change priorities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or related field. A master’s degree (MBA) strongly preferred.
- 5+ years progressive experience in consulting, market research, strategic analysis and planning within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- 2+ years experience in immuno-oncology
- Hands on, in-depth understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience with pharmaceutical and consumer secondary databases
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellence in project management, including effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Ability to work well with others and properly manage work with counterpart(s) at Coherus.
- Demonstrated values-based skills and strong work ethic.
- Intellectually curious to research pertinent information to further inform/educate the commercial team and proactively recommend solutions to answer business questions.
- Ability to travel up to 25% required.
- Strong computer skills, notably Excel and PowerPoint skills
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.