Director, Ophthalmology Brand Lead
The Director/Senior Director, Ophthalmology Brand Lead position will champion the marketing strategy and execution to drive the launch of FYB 201, Coherus’ biosimilar to Lucentis in ophthalmology. This person will provide brand leadership with an ability to set the vision, establish brand strategy, and drive brand sales and market share uptake. The Brand Lead will oversee the budget and management of advertising agency partnerships.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Lead development of the brand and launch plans for FYB 201, a biosimilar to Lucentis, in the ophthalmology setting
- Distill market research findings into insights that support brand strategy development, positioning, and messaging. Coordinate with market insights team to set the future direction for insight generation
- Cultivate relationships with thought leaders, key customers, and professional organizations
- Partner cross-functionally with Legal, Medical, Clinical, Regulatory and Public Affairs, lead cross-functional projects as needed to support the launch
- Work in close conjunction with commercial operations to establish appropriate procedures, systems, metrics, and capabilities
- Collaborate with other marketing and sales leads to ensure a coordinated approach concerning product promotions
- Develop marketing solutions to a wide range of complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensure solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Assist with forecasting and budget decisions
- Identify and manage key agency partnerships to support commercial efforts
- Design the transition to the branded campaign and full build-out of all promotional materials (both personal and non-personal promotions)
- Guide with CL&D, the training, and integration of a new sales team focused on all HCPs in the total office environment
- Support the strategy and promotional planning for direct to patient promotions
- Mentor a cross-functional team to monitor and understand the rapidly changing wet age-related macular degeneration
- Provide recommendations for resource allocation (i.e., marketing mix) to adjust accordingly
- Build competitive readiness planning for future event and treatments in the marketplace
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or related field. A master’s degree (MBA) is strongly preferred
- High-performing HCP and DTP marketer with the ability to set a vision and provide direction across diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with an innovative mindset and can make informed decisions and recommendations among a set of strategic choices.
- Recent drug launch experience, ophthalmology experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of provider economics and reimbursement for buy-and-bill products
- Experience with and understanding of payer driven commercialization strategies in competitive markets
- Track record of successful pharma/biotech marketing with experience in expense budget planning, tracking, and ROI measurement.
- Possess excellent strategic thinking skills with the ability to formulate, develop and execute a marketing strategy.
- Proven leadership skills to set a vision, lead change, and lead and mentor others.
- An empowered leader with a strong executive presence and the ability to command respect through the exercise of sound business judgment and decisive decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills, highly competent presenter, able to gain credibility, engender trust and influence all levels, strong partnering skills, a bias for action, and tangible results
- Extensive knowledge and experience in pharmaceutical product life cycle management in a variety of therapeutic areas.
- Leadership Qualities: Strategic Vision, Cross-functional Leadership, Project Management, Ability to influence with and without authority.
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.