Manager/Senior Manager, Pricing & Contracting Strategy
Title: Manager/Senior Manager, Pricing & Contracting Strategy
Reports To: Sr. Director, Pricing & Contracting Strategy
Location: Redwood City, California
The Manager, Pricing & Contracting Strategy will support the development of pricing and contracting strategies and the timely and accurate execution of Commercial contracts and discounts in the Commercial-Payer and Provider Channels.
- Provide analysis to build Pricing and Contracting strategies for currently marketed and launch products across provider and payer channels.
- Partner with the Market Access and accounts teams to develop and execute payer and provider strategies, address account specific contracting opportunities, and collaborate to explore expanded market opportunities
- Work closely with the SVP Market Access & SVP Strategic Accounts to monitor market conditions, changes in laws and regulations and educate internal and external personnel on the implications of any such changes. Assist & advise on Provider/GPO contract structures from an operational perspective, assist in drafting FAQ’s and Field roll-outs.
- Collaborating with Finance, Legal, Government Pricing, Compliance and other departments to establish consistent business rules and “playbooks” focused on sound, data-supported pricing and contracting strategies.
- Strategize and partner with Contract Operation, Payer & Provider Contracting, Trade Development, Analytics and others to assess and influence contract and discount design to ensure operational feasibility of such arrangements
- Maintain and strengthen key relationships with Operations, Sales, Market Access, Trade Development, Accounting/Finance, Compliance, internal legal counsel, other cross-functional groups and external partners of the Payer and Channel rebates teams
- Support the development of innovative solutions and processes including the development of new approaches for projects, applications and department service offerings
- Graduate Degree and / or MBA preferred
- Pharmaceutical or Biotech experience required
- Working knowledge in the areas of pharmaceutical pricing, contracting, market access accounts, government pricing
- 4+ years of experience and technical/functional expertise in several of the following areas: financial analysis, account management, pharmaceutical reimbursement, payer contracting and analytics
- Experience with cross-functional, large scale initiatives with high degree of complexity
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adjusting priorities as needed to meet deadlines
- Must possess strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking
- Experience developing financial models
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.