Sr. Technician GMP Cleaning
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Sr. Technician in this position is expected to adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and that all cleaning, disinfecting and documentation expectations adhere to the current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP). All training requirements must be maintained at 100%. The candidate for this position will be working in close association with Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Material Management to overcome challenges in meeting the cleaning schedule. This position requires vaccination against different viruses including Vaccinia virus.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prepare the appropriate disinfectants as per SOP.
• Understand the dwell time for all cleaning agents/chemicals.
• Apply disinfectants to floors, walls, ceilings, and horizontal surfaces using the proper cleaning tools (such as mops and wipes).
• Remove all trash/biohazard waste bags from the MFG area.
• Stocks all gowning materials in all air locks and locker rooms.
• Wash tools and materials.
• Accurately documenting activities in the appropriate logbooks.
• Able to work with a respirator during special assignments, if required.
• Maintain materials inventory.
• Report any unexpected observations to area management.
• Perform tasks under minimal supervision, and within tight timelines to meet production schedule.
• Author and revise SOPs and logbooks.
• Reviews logbooks at the end of the shift to ensure proper GDP.
Requires vaccination against different viruses including Vaccinia virus.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• High School Diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years’ experience in a GMP facility.
• Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Previous experience in cleaning GMP area is required.
• Must be able to follow cGMP regulations during operations including adherence to written procedure and contemporaneous documentation.
• Must be able to record data accurately and legibly.
• Ability to perform in a team setting in a controlled environment for long periods of time.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.