VP, Manufacturing Operations
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
The VP & General Manager will have oversight responsibilities for the day to day and strategic operations at the Emergent Rockville fill/ finish CMOP facility. This operational oversight will include facility and mfg operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide the Site Head leadership at the Rockville Maryland Contract Fill/ Finish
- Provide input in developing Strategic Operating Plan and manage the execution of the plan and the associated budget in Manufacturing Group
- Lead the contract negotiation activities for manufacturing operations
- Ensure the site meets budgeted financial goals and objectives through new sales and marketing strategies and operational strategies
- Provide technical support to improve productivity and decrease cost while maintaining high levels of quality
- Provide support for overall Quality Operations with a particular focus on compliance and continuous improvement
- Serve as primary point of contact with third party collaborators and interface with internal research groups
- Assure the highest quality of finished goods; EBS Rockville will manufacture each lot of drug product under validated, controlled environmental conditions per the approved manufacturing instructions to meet the intended specifications as described in the contract under which it is manufactured.
- Assure value-added services; will strive to provide each client the most efficient, data-driven project and the highest quality of work to support drug development and manufacturing.
- Assure customer satisfaction; will deliver services to each client to the extent of the approved contract and any relevant documents using good business practices and policies. In the event of an error will strive to resolve the issues in a quality and timely manner.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
- B.S., M.S., or Ph. D. degree or equivalent preferably in engineering or biochemical or related field.
- Knowledge of regulatory and quality requirements for pharmaceuticals and vaccines.
- Strong experience in strategic management, planning and execution.
- A strong leader, communicator, morale builder.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures.
- Experience in formulating, developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Aptitude to evaluate overall workloads and resources and adjust to meet corporate goals.
- Ability to manage multiple departments and buildings relationships to meet goals.
- Ability to assess and negotiate contracts.
- Organizational skills that demonstrates experience in setting up and maintaining tracking systems and/or databases. Able to prioritize and plan work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plan
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.