Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated scientist with expertise in immuno- oncology to join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the discovery of novel cellular therapeutics. The candidate must have in-depth knowledge of NK or T cell biology, with a focus on cell-based therapy and solid tumors. Extensive experience with in vitro functional characterization of NK or T cells is required. Experience with in vivo cell-derived xenograft, patient-derived xenograft, and/or syngeneic tumor models is highly desired. As a member of our cancer immunotherapy team, the successful candidate will provide scientific and technical input for ongoing project initiatives, in addition to executing and overseeing key in vitro and in vivo studies. This is a full-time, hands-on position reporting to a Principal Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy and is located at the Companys corporate headquarters in San Diego, California.
- Differentiate and evaluate iPSC-derived CAR-T cells
- Execute experiments to test novel iPSC-derived CAR-T cells engineered for solid tumors
- Perform phenotypic and functional analyses of CAR-T cells using multi-parameter flow cytometry and standard in vitro assays assessing proliferation, cytokine secretion, polyfunctionality, and target cell killing
- Develop and optimize new in vitro assays to model various aspects of a solid tumor microenvironment and test iPSC-derived CAR-T cell function
- Coordinate and oversee in vivo studies and ex vivo analyses of iPSC-derived CAR-T cells with support from in vivo pharmacology
- Ensure consistent progress toward achieving team objectives and timelines
- Explore new areas of research in cell-based immunotherapy for solid tumors
- Prepare and present data packages to immunology groups and larger program-specific teams or external collaborators
- Ph.D. degree in Immunology, cancer biology, or other related fields with a minimum of two years of relevant post-doctoral and / or industry experience
- Strong ability to design, develop and implement novel in vivo xenograft and/or syngeneic tumor models
- Excellent working knowledge of standard immunology assays used to characterize T and/or NK cells
- Expertise in multi-color flow cytometry, including intracellular staining
- Experience with transfection, or lentiviral transduction of primary immune cells is desirable
- Experience with xCelligence and/or IncuCyte platforms is desirable
- Experience with spheroid assays is a plus
- Proven ability to coordinate with multiple researchers for scheduling and execution of complex experiments
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Positive outlook, willingness to learn, and a team-oriented attitude
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- Will require working with hazardous materials
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Evening and weekend work as necessary
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.