Research Associate, MSAT
Fate Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled cell biologist to join our companys Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) Team. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team evaluating new technologies and developing novel processes for the scaled-up manufacturing of cellular immune therapies from human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC). The candidate will assist senior members of the MSAT team in the development of scaled-up culture, differentiation, purification and characterization methods for iPSC-derived cellular therapy products. Furthermore, they will actively support laboratory operations by coordinating the inventory, purchase and aliquoting of key reagents. Candidates must have a background in biological sciences with cell culture experience; an understanding of differentiation of iPSCs, bioreactors, process development and/or immunology would be a plus. This is a full-time position that will require dedicated weekend hours and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Aseptic preparation of reagent stocks, including media, cytokines and small molecules
- Cell culture including the maintenance and expansion of feeder and iPSC lines
- Inventory and ordering of general laboratory reagents and materials
- Assisting more senior members of the MSAT team in developing processes and analytical testing, as required
- Timely and detailed record keeping of all activities
- Communicating experimental results to relevant team members and by presentations at MSAT team meetings
- B.S. degree in biological sciences, biomedical engineering, immunology or other related fields with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in mammalian cell culture and excellent aseptic technique
- Excellent record-keeping and communication skills
- Experience with bioreactors and/or multi-color flow cytometry is a plus
- Highly organized, possess a strong work ethic, and have the desire to acquire new technical skills in a fast-paced environment
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first- in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.