Research Associate – Cell Biology
Position Role & Responsibilities:
- Conduct In vitro pre-clinical cell-based experiments.
- Provide support in experimental design and establishing methods and standard operating procedures.
- Analyze data and present research findings to the group.
- Interact and collaborate with other members of the R&D team.
- Participate in routine lab operations (lab maintenance, safety inspections, etc.), equipment maintenance, restocking and/or other duties.
- Education: (1) Bachelor’s degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or related field; and (2) 3 or more years lab experience in academia or equivalent industry experience.
- Candidate should have hands-on experience working with cell culture of primary cell lines, cell isolation, and cell transfection/transduction.
- Candidate must demonstrate capability in basic molecular biology laboratory skills, including qPCR, and ELISAs.
- Ability to execute experiments with minimal technical supervision within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to learn and carry out new experimental procedures with accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Skills to perform data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Works collaboratively with other cross-functional Angiocrine team members.
Additional Desired Skills and Knowledge
- While not a requirement, applicants with a strong background in microvascular biology and/or tissue regeneration are preferred.
- Experience performing flow cytometry also preferred
- Effective and clear written and verbal communication.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment where evolutionary changes are a constant and where proactive ‘can do’ attitude, sense of urgency and friendly personalities are prized.
Non-standard Work Schedule and work environment Requirements
- Occasional weekday evenings and/or weekend days
This position is based in San Diego, CA.
Angiocrine is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.