Preferred Qualifications: This position reports into the Package Engineering group under FPT (Final Product Technologies) in Thousand Oaks, California. This position will apply engineering principles to execute the proper design, qualification and implementation of Primary and Secondary Packaging components and the associated systems such as documentation, equipment and processes. The position entails organizational, project management, technical problem solving and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the opportunity to work in teams and adapt to rapidly changing environment.
- Support for testing and evaluation leading to recommendation and selection of primary and secondary packaging materials for both large and small molecule products
- Perform distribution testing per ASTM D4169. Complete testing standards utilizing ASTM, ISO, TAPPI and USP
- Writing of test protocols, perform technical evaluations and testing to support reports used to justify the use of selected materials and packaging components
- Writing Technical Specifications and Bill of Materials
- Create, modify, and approve engineering drawings utilizing AutoCad, Solid Works or similar software application
- Support line trials and packaging validation activities prior to introduction of any new or change in components/processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (i.e. Research, QA/QC, Supply Chain, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Regulatory, etc.) in pre-commercial and commercial activities
Masters degree OR
Bachelors degree and 2 years of engineering/scientific experience OR
Associates degree and 6 years of engineering/scientific experience OR
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of engineering/scientific experience
- BS Packaging, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Life Sciences
- 3+ years general packaging/engineering experience is strongly preferred
- Familiar with distribution testing per ASTM D4169. Familiarity with ASTM, ISO, TAPPI and USP testing standards
- Knowledge of primary and secondary packaging systems and material science is essential to the position
- The position requires organizational, project management, technical problem solving and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the ability to work in teams and adapt to rapidly changing environment
- Independent thinker with demonstrated skills working in teams or leading project teams
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potentia
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.