Senior Software Engineer, Dotmatics
Founded in 2017 within Flagship Labs, Cellarity’s new approach to drug discovery is based on the computational modeling of cell behavior, leading to a more complete understanding of system and network biology to uncover cell-behavior-targeted medicines for a wide variety of diseases. Cellarity recently raised $123 million in Series B financing. The round included contributions from funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, The Baupost Group, Banque Pictet on behalf of their clients and eight other investors alongside Flagship Pioneering.
Cellarity is generating unprecedented biological insights by combining its unique expertise in network biology, high-resolution data, and machine learning. The result is a new understanding both of the cell’s trajectory from health to disease, and of how cells relate to one another in tissues. Because the cell and its network of transcripts and proteins offer a far more complete view of the complexity of human biology than simple read out of any individual molecular target, Cellarity’s approach allows for more efficient drug discovery and thus is designed to drive higher rates of clinical success. The company already has seven drug discovery programs underway in diverse therapeutic areas that range from metabolic disease to immuno-oncology.
Cellarity is implementing the Dotmatics ELN package in support of our laboratory and drug discovery and design processes. Dotmatics will play a key role in our operation, and once fully implemented, will require ongoing support and development. We seek an experienced developer who will own this project, serving both as a technical lead and a point person in interacting with a wide range of laboratory and computational chemists, biologists and analysts.
- Manage all aspects of the Dotmatics platform for system configuration, administration, security, change control, and user support
- Collaborate with users to determine and implement requirements including ELN protocols, query capabilities and tools to integrate with new data sources
- Develop tools that support data QC and curation
- Ensure the integrity and effectiveness of the data model implemented by Dotmatics
- Train users to ensure that they function efficiently and use the ELN with high compliance and data entry quality; Serve as a point person and in-house Dotmatics expert
- Establish and maintain a data/process integration and best practices
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with contract research organizations (CROs) and external consultants.
- Professional experience in biology and chemistry, ideally in a drug discovery setting
- Strong experience programming in support of biology or chemistry experience, including at least 3 years in an industry setting
- Python programming skills for data manipulation scripts including integrating with REST APIs; Experience writing SQL queries; Familiarity with AWS including working with S3; Working knowledge of relational data models
- Demonstrated success as project lead
- Experience training end users on the use of informatics software
- Experience managing ELN, LIMS, or other related informatics platforms
- Experience using or administering a Dotmatics platform strongly preferred
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.