Scientist, Study Lead - In Vivo Pharmacology
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You'll Make
- Opportunity to boldly help our team redefine preclinical drug discovery and radically improve people's lives!
- Directly contribute to our program progressions by leading and performing testing of NCEs and repurposed compounds in pharmacokinetic studies and pharmacodynamic studies in multiple diverse disease areas, with a particular focus on neuro-degeneration and fibrotic diseases.
- Help build our team and be a part of creating the foundation necessary for expanding our capabilities through teamwork, and balancing of tasks.
- Learn new techniques and ideas and mentor others.
- Do meaningful research and work in a matrix-like environment where your ideas and thoughts not only matter but are expected.
The Team You'll Join
You will join a truly cross-functional team in an environment that requires collaboration and communication across multiple departments. Communication is especially important to the success of our team. We value independent thought and self-reflection with the goal of incremental self and team improvement. If you have ideas or suggestions for improvement, we want to hear your voice.
The Experience You'll Need
- A PhD, MS or BS in a biological field and 3+, 6+ or 9+ years, respectively, of industry experience actively participating in the directional planning, management, design, and execution of in vivo studies.
- Preference for direct experience leading and/or participating in rodent models of neuro-degenerative or neuro-motor disorders, and/or rodent models of fibrosis.
- Explore scientific literature outside of one's immediate area of expertise and apply this to adapt efficacy study designs
- Experience with IACUC coordination, generation, and submission of IACUC protocols.
- Preparation and documentation of compound formulation for dose administration.
- Oversight of set-up, initiation, data collection, analysis and reporting of in vivo studies.
- Proficient in the following in vivo rodent procedures preferred: Dosing administration (IV, IP, SC, PO), clinical observations, necropsy, blood collection through various routes (tail, submandibular, submental, etc.).
- Experience in preparation and collection of detailed experimental and animal health records using data collection software. Experience with statistical analysis of in vivo studies and associated software is desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and via electronic software applications in a matrix environment.
- Additional ex vivo analysis or in vitro skills are desirable
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Recursionaut:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option and restricted stock unit (RSUs) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.