Marketing Events Manager
MaxCyte is a leading provider of cell-engineering platform technologies to advance innovative cell-based research, development, and commercialization of next-generation cell therapies. The company's existing customer base ranges from large biopharmaceutical companies — including 20 of the top 25 pharmaceutical companies based on 2020 global revenue — to hundreds of biotechnology companies and academic translational research centers. MaxCyte has granted 14 strategic platform licenses to commercial cell therapy developers that allow for more than 75 clinical programs. Founded in 1998, MaxCyte is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, US.
Job Summary:The Marketing Events Manager is responsible for the development and execution of a global events plan that leverages tradeshows, scientific meetings, conferences, and special events to create market awareness and generate demand. This position works closely with Marketing, Business Development, Sales, Scientific Staff, Investor Relations, Customers, and Consultants. This is both a strategic and tactical position located in our Gaithersburg, MD office. 30% - 40% travel required.
• Manages the tradeshows, conferences, and events marketing and sales strategy by driving brand promotion, market and corporate messaging, and scientific relevance within MaxCyte's core industry sectors.
• Manages tradeshows, conferences, events, symposia, customer receptions and select internal meetings, including: leading pre-event planning meetings, providing event support, preparing communications, coordinating conference logistics, lining up speakers, and conducting post meeting assessment activities.
• Manages and executes tradeshow promotional plans intended to maximize company exposure and achieving goals for qualified potential customer leads and other success metrics for an event. September 2021
• Oversee the development of content for speaker presentations and posters at events. Set and manage project timelines.
• Creates advertisements, campaigns, social media posts, lead-generation strategies, event plans, and booth materials.
• Gathers information and negotiates contracts with vendors.
• Manages budget and expenses associated with tradeshows and events.
• Conducts post-meeting analysis of success metrics and makes recommendations to improve tradeshow/event performance and determine scope of future participation.
• Complies with all applicable policies regarding health, safety, and environmental policies.
• BS/BA in a scientific or marketing discipline, or related area with 3-5 years of experience coordinating convention/tradeshow planning activities or equivalent. Tradeshow experience in the life sciences or medical device industries is strongly preferred.
• Experience with event coordination, lead generation, and marketing communications focused on customer outreach.
• Strong communication skills (writing, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal). Capacity to work effectively cross-functionally and to influence people without direct authority.
• Able to identify and present opportunities for process improvement
• Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results
• Must be organized and detail oriented, work well under pressure, and possess strong project management skills to keep multiple projects on schedule and budget.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM such as Salesforce.com, and project management software
• Ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships both in person and via virtual, phone and email.
MaxCyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter . Please reference Marketing Events Manager in the subject line.