QC Analytical Scientist I
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis, your contribution will directly impact patients.What You Will Achieve
You will be a member of Pfizer’s dedicated and highly effective quality control team. You will be responsible for supporting Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) analytical testing at the Andover, MA site. Your contribution to analytical testing will help Pfizer provide safe drugs to patients. Your understanding of various analytical and instrumental techniques including HPLC, UV-VIS, pH, iCE, CGE, and Visual inspection will help us meet accuracy specifications against established standards. You will also be relied on for active participation in scheduling, visual management, metrics, and continuous improvement activities. As a member of the QC Analytical team, you are team oriented, have a passion for excellence, act with integrity, demonstrate equity and inclusivity, seek continuous improvement opportunities, and actively participate in site recognition programs.
As a QC Analytical Scientist I, your strong foundation in general scientific practice and in the principles and concepts of the discipline will help us achieve our goals. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your dedication and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Perform and support analytical lab testing: execute testing, review data and documents for compliance and accuracy.
- Record and maintain all related data and records in compliance with cGMP and quality procedures.
- Identify basic technical issues, atypical or out-of-specifications test results, instrument malfunctions and methodology problems, and participate in investigations for resolution and correction.
- Participate in continuous improvement culture within laboratories. Utilize continuous improvement tools.
- Participate and use 5S, standard work, and visual management tools and processes.
- Perform laboratory support functions and maintain work area in compliance with cGMP and quality procedures.
- Perform work consistent with Pfizer Values of Courage, Excellence, Equity, and Joy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related scientific discipline required.
- 0 - 2 years of related laboratory experience required.
- Proficiency with computer systems (Microsoft Office applications, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and be able to adapt to rapidly changing project priorities.
- Prior work experience in a GMP experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working in QC testing laboratory in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Experience in performing testing via HPLC, UV-VIS, Imaging Capillary Electrophoresis, Capillary Gel electrophoresis, ELISA is a plus.
- Strong understanding of continuous improvement tools and skills preferred (standard work, visual management, DMAIC).
- Experience with electronic laboratory information management systems such as LIMS and Empower preferred.
- This role is primarily 1st shift, Monday - Friday. Flexibility to work outside of primary work schedule (nights/weekends/holidays) may be required to support business needs.
- Last day to apply: 20 OCTOBER 2021
- Eligible for Relocation Assistance: NO
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Quality Assurance and Control#LI-PFE