Sr. Associate, EP&S Portfolio Execution
For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
In 2021, Pfizer expanded its global footprint to Tampa, establishing a strategic powerhouse that brings together multi-disciplinary, professional services including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Digital, HR Services, Sourcing, Commercial and Project Management into a single, centralized location. With so many diverse and highly-skilled colleagues supporting multiple functions and services across the organization, Pfizer Tampa offers ample opportunity to engage in newer ways of working that enhance, simplify, and transform how we deliver treatments to our patients.
Located in Heights Union, the Pfizer Tampa site offers a modern industrial design, the latest in innovative technology, and close proximity to Downtown with views of the Tampa Riverwalk and access to the Channel district and Bayshore Boulevard. From an onsite fitness center to top floor panoramic balconies and outdoor patio, our activity-based space will provide various ways of working to offer collaboration and flexibility to colleagues. The Pfizer Tampa site has constructed an atmosphere that fosters interaction and prioritizes colleague health and wellness.
Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today. This year, Pfizer launched a new initiative that we call Log In For Your Day where a majority of colleagues can arrange with their manager to work remotely two or three days a week while still maintaining the ability to collaborate regularly in person at our sites. This flexible working model blends the best of remote work and on-site collaboration to drive greater flexibility, support work-life balance, and promote a vibrant, agile, and innovative culture.
The Enterprise Platforms & Security (EP&S) team delivers the following capabilities for Pfizer. Business application platforms supporting Pfizer’s enterprise application and critical business processes. Infrastructure allowing business traffic to travel where it needs to go, internally and externally, along with the appropriate access controls. EP&S secures Pfizer's most important information assets through world class controls and protections and enables Pfizer's business results by making security an enabler and not a roadblock to achieving business results.
The EPS Project Execution Senior Associate will perform key day to day activities within EPS Projects Portfolio comprising of Waterfall and Agile Projects. Activities include but are not limited to operating the project execution framework and methodologies critical to ensuring successful project delivery and that all projects are completed on time, within scope and budget. The Associate will also ensure that compliance and communication requirements are inherent to the project execution.
The position will perform this function in partnership with the EPS teams and will work directly for the Portfolio Execution Lead.
- Manage projects using waterfall and/or Agile project Methodology
- Provides day-to-day support and guidance on all aspects of PMO activities
- Provide early awareness to EP&S Business Operations Team of end-user and internal communications
- Identify and prioritize cross project dependencies for awareness and escalation
- Ensure key risks are identified and documented
- Prepare presentations and communication materials for senior leaders
- Ensure all Projects are accurately recorded in the Project Tracker
- Ensure Business Operation Portal is always up to date
- Manage ad-hoc projects and other Portfolio tasks as assigned
- BS in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Engineering, Sciences or related field. MBA desirable
- 3+ years of experience in program and project management
- Prior experience on a scrum team playing a scrum master role
- Significant experience working with PowerPoint® and other Microsoft® office applications
- Aptitude for quick, creative thinking
- Acute attention to detail with emphasis on quality
- Strong time management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive work forward
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent cross group collaborations skills
- Ability to challenge, improve and develop existing practices & processes
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- PMP & ITIL Certifications desired
- Scrum Master Certification required
This is a desk job
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Standard work schedule & 10% travel required
Last Day to Apply: October 22nd, 2021
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech#LI-PFE