Manager, Business Intelligence Engagement Lead
Global Clinical Supply (GCS) manages the execution of supply chain strategies to deliver Investigational Medicinal Product to patients involved in Pfizer’s clinical research trials across the globe. The Business Intelligence Engagement Lead will integrate data-driven decision making into day-to-day processes, by translating business insights into analytics and reporting opportunities across GCS. For this position, candidates will successfully deliver optimal data related solutions by being a creative problem solver and have a strong commitment to quality. As part of the Business Intelligence team, this role will harvest and analyze data from Pfizer systems to deliver prioritized business use cases through situational analyses and departmental data analytics and reporting projects. As a Lead, you will engage with business line subject matter experts and the technical execution team to continually optimize how we leverage our data.
- Collaborate with GCS stakeholders and operational subject matter experts to research, identify, and provide recommendations for addressing business questions through data analytics and reporting optimization (such as value-added KPI models, user group data information overlap, and data engagement orchestration).
- As part of the Business Intelligence team, review and align to prioritized workload mix of project deliverables and ad-hoc requests for GCS line(s) you are supporting.
- Design and deploy analytics and visualization solutions, translating requirements to the Technical Execution Team for developing reporting solutions.
- Perform root cause analysis and advanced analytical techniques (core statistical-modeling, data mining) to extract actionable insights and identify opportunities for improvement through analysis of large-scale, high-dimensional data.
- Understand and identify opportunities for solutions that could leverage advanced analytics capabilities, including but not limited to Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics and Modeling.
- Consult with business leaders and their teams to challenge current processes by asking targeted questions and interpreting ambiguity through deepened knowledge of business function needs and reporting opportunities, distilling requirements into technically feasible goals.
- Develop productive and harmonious working relationships with other data and analytics team members.
- Apply statistics to data, establish meaningful metrics and analyze geospatial data to derive location-based business insights.
- Unearth insights from large and diverse sets of data to tell compelling stories through dashboards and visualizations, guiding strategic decision-making.
- Effectively communicate complex ideas to primary GCS contacts and team members, both verbally and in writing.
- Track and manage tasks in agile tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence).
- Interact with our key information systems, navigating and understanding our data sources, where our data comes from and why, particularly through the GCS Data Marketplace.
- Provide article write-ups for managed solutions to populate GCS Data Catalog, driving data re-use and enabling user data discovery across existing analytics solutions.
- Develop KPI models that provide meaningful directionality from understanding operational performance.
- Continuously improve modeling data for actionable insights and processes improvement.
- Shape the thinking of our Business Intelligence team by not only communicating the detailed analyses, but it’s business implications and strategic opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in statistics, computer science, data sciences, engineering, supply chain management) with relevant business experience.
- 5 plus years of combined research, analytics, and strategic consulting experience
- 5 plus years of proven experience with reporting tools, software, and other applications (like Data Catalog), including but not limited to SQL, Alteryx, Alation, R, Minitab, Spotfire, Tableau
- Considerable exposure to the operation and analysis of relational database software and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- Experience leading data modeling activities to capture and model data requirements, business rules, and logical models
- Strong collaborator, analyzer, organizer, and problem seeker/solver.
- Experience in process improvement and process engineering through past projects; showcasing ability to collect, organize, analyze, and articulate complexities from ambiguity.
- Comfortable working with a global team, partners, and customers in a change agile environment
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated skills in analysis and problem solving
- Experience and understanding of system validation / software development lifecycle
- Comfortable preparing and presenting ideas and information in a variety of settings
- Must have strong inter-personal and customer service skills
- Experience working in agile teams
- Lean Six Sigma, or related process improvement/ consulting applications
- Experience with Database query (SQL), business analysis and technical writing skills a plus
- Skilled in working across multiple systems and processes for issue resolution desired
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
N/ARelocation support available
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Logistics & Supply Chain Mgmt