Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.What You Will Achieve
Working with Pfizer’s dynamic engineering team, you will play a critical part in managing the maintenance and reliability engineering activities involving the redesign, maintenance, and repair of utilities systems, buildings, and production/non-production equipment.
You will be a team member who is relied to have a good understanding of procedures, techniques, tools, materials and equipment. Your decision making will help you prioritize workflows based on the available resources. You will follow standard procedures to complete tasks, some of which may vary in scope, sequence, complexity and timing. You will contribute to the team’s success by sharing your previously acquired knowledge.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Participate in multi-craft work activities as required.
- Assist with plant audits and be involved in safety committee to conduct safety inspection and audits.
- Track repair history of process support systems and equipment.
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Read and follow equipment schematics, logic diagrams and engineering drawings.
- Conduct rounds in Good Manufacturing Practices (also see cGMP) and non-GMP buildings, troubleshoot GMP equipment and systems.
- Train peers and mechanics on equipment supported by the Instrument Shop.
- Ensure all maintenance activity is completed within designated timeframe filing proper documentation per Standard Operating Procedures as necessary for extensions.
- Follow all Environmental, Health, and Safety requirements and protocols.
- Make recommendations regarding improved machine performance.
- Read and interpret detailed blueprints and schematics.
- Manage own time and professional development, accountable for own results and prioritize own workflow.
•High School Diploma or Equivalent
•Commitment to perform all work in a safe manner.
•The ability and desire to excel in a fast paced, inclusive team environment which prides itself on providing the highest level of service to our internal customers.
•Desire to interact in a professional, helpful manner with staff at all levels within the organization on a regular basis.
• Technical leadership and professional support for facility and maintenance operations teams.
Nice to Have:
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of professional and trades personnel.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good organizational planning and time management skills
• Technical understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to be able to review and maintain facility related GMP documentation. Can read complex mechanical, piping and equipment drawings.
•3 + years’ experience in bio-pharmaceutical, or clean room environment. Experience in a Manufacturing environment required. GMP preferred. Basic mechanical knowledge. Can utilize hand tools.
• Should be able to climb a ladder, reach, bend, and lift loads up to 50lbs.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
• Incumbent will be required to carry a phone device, laptop computer and be on call as required to support operations and participate in off-hour emergency coverage as needed.
Shift is Wednesday through Saturday 10hr shift 3:PM to 1:30 AM.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: October 20th, 2021
- Eligible for Relocation Assistance: No
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Engineering#LI-PFE