Commercial Analytics Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. AbbVie employs approximately 29,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
- To provide analytic leadership and integrate marketing and sales information to:
- Strengthen the brand team understanding of marketplace performance and opportunities through tracking, modeling, and analysis of physician, patient, managed care, competitive and economic factors
- Inform the annual financial forecasting and brand planning processes – through the application of predictive models that evaluate sales contribution due to promotion
- Develop fact-based promotional investment strategies that increase the return on promotional investments
- Meaningfully communicate insights and information to a broad group of stakeholders through exceptional oral and written communication
- Conduct sub-national analysis and report key insights to stakeholders that include Sr. Leadership, Marketing and Sales Leadership and sales representatives.
- Guide development of marketing investment strategy to increase the effectiveness and/or efficiency of promotional activities - and influence deployment of strategy through local optimization recommendations. Complete timely evaluation of program impact and response.
- Identify and address key business issues relative to product performance ensuring that multiple stakeholder perspective is considered, and integrate all available information specific to the issue
- Leverage innovative, sophisticated analytic models that address critical issues but also meet key business criteria (e.g. cost, risk, business impact) and key technical criteria (e.g. reliability, validity, and predictability)
- Lead the analytic team to increase and enhance the use of advanced modeling and analytic methods and produce results that fully leverage available data and analytics.
- Effectively communicate results of complex analytical models and influence action to improve brand performance
- Guides and performs franchise analytics; Influences practices and business results through the application of Marketing Analytics. Directs team and vendors in the delivery of key analyses and data products (SHA, WKH, IMS/ IQVIA, Nielsen, etc.)
- Team size varies based on product indications, customer channels and/or data sources
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of experience
- This position requires 3-5 years’ experience in quantitative analysis of sales and marketing information and the use of this information in the development of business plans and strategies. It also requires strong leadership skills and a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and senior management.
- Must exhibit proficiency commensurate with grade in the following competencies: anticipate future needs, build collaborative partnerships, Design and implement innovative solutions, demystify complex information, communicate insights and solutions and coach for greater team effectiveness.
- This position requires an intimate knowledge of the marketing, sales, and logistics planning processes, advanced quantitative expertise, systems understanding, and the ability to develop and use specialized analytic techniques within a business setting.
- Command of the following software programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Access). Experience with SAS/SPSS preferred. Demonstrated project management skills.
- Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Business Administration, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering Economics, Statistics, Marketing or in a closely related field of study with a concentration in marketing/sales/quantitative analysis (will accept a Bachelor’s degree in the above fields plus 5 years of related progressive experience in lieu of a Master’s degree)
- Pharma Experience preferred
Key Abbvie Competencies
- Strong communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, media, digital, database agencies and internal partners.
- Strong planning and organization skills. Understanding of the basic principles of brand management, including brand positioning, personality & overall campaign development
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.