Scientist – Cellular Biology
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
Allergan Aesthetics R&D, Biological Research is seeking a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Scientist – Cellular Biology. The successful candidate for this position will work independently and contribute to projects aimed at characterizing protein-based therapeutics. He/she will be developing and carrying out a variety of cell-based and cell free assays to evaluate the activity and functionality of therapeutic proteins. This individual will organize, analyze and interpret results, come forward with recommendations or understanding of the results, and communicate and present in team meetings and reports. The ideal candidate will be able to propose and design assays and have exceptional troubleshooting skills. Experience with cell culture, primary cells, western blots, and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) is a requirement. Experience with explants, immunostaining, cell line engineering (e.g., CRISPR), and/or flow cytometry and cell sorting is a plus. The work will be conducted in a BSL-2 level laboratory, and all work with cells and select agent toxins requires work in class II biological safety cabinet (BSC). The successful candidate will collaborate extensively with other Research Scientists and Associates, while taking personal responsibility for success of assigned tasks and projects.
- Independently plan and conduct laboratory experiments for production of robust and consistent data, includes data analysis and reporting, inventory management, and ordering of supplies
- Discuss, recommend, and modify experimental studies as needed in collaboration with other team members and/or supervisor
- Participate in team meetings and share and present results in project team meetings, includes creation of slides
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge and skill base by reviewing the literature, attending seminars and meetings.
- Masters-level education in biological science field and six years specific experience, or PhD in Pharmacology or related discipline with a focus on cell biology and in vitro assays.
- Extensive experience with developing, performing and troubleshooting a wide variety of cell-based assays.
- Extensive experience with cell culture, western blots and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) is required.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Computer skills: advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and GraphPad Prism.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.