Scientist, Analytical Sciences (10K Sign On Bonus)
Who we are.
Dendreon is making the battle against cancer personal. Founded on the belief that the immune system holds the key to the future of cancer care, Dendreon is committed to the delivery of treatments that harness the power of the body’s immune system to attack cancer cells.
If you are looking to positively impact the lives of patients, we want you to join our team. Headquartered in Seal Beach, California, and with sizable locations in Union City (Greater Atlanta), Georgia and Seattle, Washington, as well as countrywide Commercial and Medical Science Liaisons teams, we have a diverse offering of exciting opportunities.
What we do.
Vision – Pioneering the future of immunotherapy.
Mission – Making the battle against cancer personal through immunotherapy treatments that extend lives.
How we do it.
The Dendreon Way. We are a purpose-driven, value-based culture. At Dendreon, we…
- Put Patients First. Every day is a new opportunity to improve the lives of patients living with cancer.
- Act with Integrity. Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right in every situation.
- Build Trust: Building trust takes time. Engage teammates, be candid and transparent.
- Raise the Bar: Harness continuous improvement, foster innovation and elevate our people.
- Drive Results. Be accountable and execute – we win when everyone performs.
Primed for Growth - Contract/Partner Manufacturing Business Unit
Dendreon has been working in the cellular immunotherapy space for over 10 years and brings all the experiences that comes with developing a complex manufacturing process from clinical development through to consistent commercial production. Dendreon is unmatched in its patient logistics/operational functions, manufacturing excellence in cellular therapies and commercial sales team for cellular immunotherapies. Given this expertise, we plan to leverage these strengths to grow Dendreon's pipeline of products initially through contract manufacturing for partners and then patient operations and eventually commercial sales.
Are you ready?
Our high-performing organization challenges, develops, and rewards employees interested in pushing past typical career limitations. If you are passionate about helping patients and looking for a unique career opportunity, view our open positions to apply or refer a friend today.
Job Summary: The Scientist applies technical expertise in the area of analytical methods to participate in method development, technology transfer, troubleshooting and act as a analytical method subject matter expert on methods required for cellular therapies
- Support efforts to develop and transfer various biological assays (including but not limited to flow cytometry, ELISA, cell-based assays.
- Participate on technology transfer cross-functional teams and execution of transfer activities with external and internal partners
- Use current concepts in risk management in development/optimization and transfer of analytical methods
- Develop analytical methods for testing and characterization of cellular therapeutics (e.g., CAR-T, iPSC) using current best practices.
- Write, review and may approve method validation protocols and reports.
- Provided analytical technical support to a Quality Control on analytical methods, as required.
- Review and may approve protocols, procedures and technical reports.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for analytical methods during non-conformance investigations.
- Performs functionally based bioassays and flow cytometry to characterize cellular immunotherapies.
- Maintain study records and document results in technical reports.
- Write, revise, review or approve operating procedures and test methods, as appropriate.
- Complete appropriate training, when needed.
- Document investigations in reports and memoranda, as appropriate.
- Uses professional concepts, company policies and procedures to solve a variety of problems.
- Works on problems of complex scope.
- Introduces applicable principles to the function and orients them on appropriate usage.
- Establishes new principles with usage guidelines and training as appropriate.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- May supervise scientific staff.
- Works with a high level of independence on responsibilities and build productive relationships with a team to further corporate goals.
- D. with 2-5 years’ experience preferred or B.S. with 8-10 years proven expertise and appropriate experience in analytical development
- Experience validating and transferring methods is required.
- Experience developing and using multi-color flow cytometry methods is required
- Experience with Quantitative PCR technologies a plus
- Working knowledge of immunology preferred. Specific experience with cellular therapies a plus.
- Familiarity with cGMP requirements
- Ability to solve problems through analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.