The Manager, Marketing is a key strategic position that is responsible for managing many different areas of marketing in a start-up environment, including marketing communications, collateral development, channel strategy, trade show/medical meetings logistics, product demonstration materials, sales training and enablement tools, and customer facing representation of Avinger. This position will be pivotal in moving marketing initiatives forward.
In partnership with the Chief Marketing Officer and Product Marketing Manager the Manager, Marketing will own downstream deliverables, help establish the product vision and lead product launches, and partner with the sales team on marketing programs to deliver on revenue and customer adoption goals. This role will work closely with a cross-functional team of individuals in marketing, sales, medical affairs, and other functions to develop industry standard marketing materials and processes.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. Candidates must live in the San Francisco Bay Area, in order to be considered for this position.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of marketing strategies and plans in conjunction with other members of the marketing department.
- Manage the tactical delivery and logistics of marketing services to the sales organization, corporate branding efforts, training events, and tradeshows.
- Manage the coordination of digital and website content, social media posts, and use of marketing automation software.
- Oversee maintenance of digital directory of sales enablement tools, ensuring all resources are current and accurate, and coordinate the development of new materials as needed.
- Work with product management to create the downstream portion of go-to-market strategies for new product launches and line extensions. Partner with product marketing on commercial launch strategy and execution incorporating brand positioning, pricing recommendations, product features, distribution channels, and product forecasting.
- Define, validate, and drive the development of sales and marketing communications, sales enablement tools, sales training modules, presentations, advertisements, and collateral to drive utilization and adoption of Avinger technology.
- Develop strategy, content, and support for marketing campaigns designed to enhance awareness of products and generate leads.
- Partner with key physician champions on marketing programs to drive awareness and utilization of Avinger technology and programs.
- In conjunction with Chief Marketing Officer, recommend annual tradeshow strategy and lead organization of all marketing and corporate events including the annual national sales meeting.
- Partner with other members of the marketing team to maintain website and develop digital marketing strategy, including SEO, lead generation, and advertising channel selection.
- Identify and resolve emerging issues that may impact project, department or corporate goals. Recognize potential threats to success and elevate issues to senior management. Propose solutions, resolve conflicts within cross functional teams when possible and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the vascular interventional space, including current and future market trends, products, and competitors.
- Provide recommendations for potential clinical trials, post-market studies or case series that could support additional indications or literature to drive further adoption of Avinger technology.
- Identify and implement improvements in marketing best practices, processes, systems, or content.
- Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring program success and campaign results.
- Manage marketing associate to successful execute on day-to-day responsibilities.
- Manage other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of professional marketing or strategic management consulting experience, or other strategy focused roles.
- Experience in medical device marketing preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft and one or more web tools focused on Sales or Marketing efforts.
- Experience with CRM and Marketo, Hubspot, or other marketing platform preferred.
- Solid understanding of outbound marketing principles and execution.
- Ability to engage with external customer groups.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Intellectual curiosity and self-motivation!
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- High degree of organization, detail-focus, and initiative.
- Positive and team-oriented attitude.
- Previous start-up experience a plus.
- Must be available for occasional travel.
Living Avinger’s Culture:
As a member of the Avinger team, employees agree to embrace and live out the core values of Avinger, which are:
- Patients first
- Be open-minded