Senior Director, HCP Marketing
Senior Director, HCP Marketing
Allakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory, and proliferative diseases.
Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
The Senior Director, HCP Marketing will be accountable for successfully driving the HCP focused launch of lirentelimab. Lirentelimab targets Siglec-8, an inhibitory receptor found on the surface of mast cells and eosinophils and is being developed for lead indications in eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases (EGIDs) with follow on indications.
The successful individual in this role will be responsible for building a high performing team to support HCP Marketing, developing brand strategy, and leading the team focused on tactical execution and performance monitoring to achieve and exceed launch goals and brand objectives.
The position will report to the Vice President, Marketing. This person must have the ability to work independently as a strategic leader and contributor to the work, leading the team to flawlessly execute the tactical plan.
- Develop and execute the HCP Marketing strategic launch plan, identify strategic priorities and creation and implementation of innovative initiatives across personal and non-personal channels
- Lead the development of all elements of the brand campaign across positioning, messaging, story flow and creative for unbranded and branded campaigns
- Lead KOL commercial engagement strategy and cultivate strong relationships with thought leaders and Healthcare Professional advocacy organizations
- Foster strong partnership with Sales leadership and Sales team to identify needs of the team and their customers and ensure pull-through of tactics and initiatives
- Collaborate with key functional business partners including Market Access, Market Research, Medical, Clinical, Forecasting and Analytics
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative market data to generate a deeper understanding of customer needs, brand and disease issues, and market potential, including proactive identification of opportunities and gaps to refine strategies
- Develop and track success metrics and measurements for key marketing initiatives
- Provide oversight into Agency and OpEx management
- Build and lead a team of marketing professionals, coach/develop for high performance
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor's degree, M.B.A. preferred
- Strong track record of success across sales and marketing in the biotechnology, including 10 - 12+ years brand management
- Launch experience and rare disease experience required, digital experience preferred
- Experience in developing and launching new campaigns
- Understand key market trends and changes in healthcare delivery to develop market insights critical to value and access strategy and communication
- Deep understanding of the regulatory environment for promotion
- Experienced manager of professionals and functional teams
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise.
- Self-motivated, and highly energetic individual with the ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, demonstrated ability to be a proactive thinker and to embody a solution-oriented mindset by transforming insights into impactful strategies and plans
- Ability to articulate and convey complex data and information concisely to internal and external stakeholders
- An outstanding track record of strong communication, presentation, analytic and strategic capabilities
- Results oriented with excellent collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrate strategic thinking, creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, and decision-making skills with a focus on results
This position is office-based and may require 25-30% travel to attend meetings and other events.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Allakos Values are: Selflessness, Drive, Clarity, Thoughtfulness, Fun, and Leadership
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.