Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
Allakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory, and proliferative diseases.
Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
Lead the financial planning and analysis function and play a central role in the development of financial budgets, forecasts and processes. Assist in strategic finance transactions, assess financial results and collaborate with business leaders across the company. Candidates should have both commercial finance and corporate FP&A experience.
- Develop and refine financial models and management reporting for headcount, revenue, expense, capital expenditures and cash flows, on a monthly basis;
- Provide insightful financial analysis in support of the company’s business strategy;
- Become integrated with the commercial team and G&A teams supporting operational progress and updates that will inform planning and reporting;
- Partner with department leaders to support planning, resourcing, and strategic execution across all areas of the company;
- Develop and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unplanned variances;
- Work with department leaders and their teams to enhance financial and operational performance trends using appropriate metrics;
- Clarify resource timing and requirements to achieve company objectives;
- Communicate key findings and outputs with team members, senior leaders and management by developing presentations, financial modeling, and industry comparisons;
- Implement and maintain financial planning & analysis software and tools;
- Partner with members of the finance organization, project teams and department leaders to ensure consistency between corporate goals, project timelines, and financial plans;
- Demonstrate understanding of GAAP accounting and key non-GAAP metrics;
- Assist with the financial audit and development of internal control processes, as needed;
- Conduct ad hoc financial modeling, as needed.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Self-driven finance professional with 10+ years of biopharmaceutical industry experience and a minimum of 5 years of financial planning and analysis experience supporting a variety of functional areas and interdisciplinary teams including both commercial finance and corporate FP&A;
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree or credential (MBA, CPA or CFA) preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Prior success in leading, managing and mentoring FP&A professionals;
- Sound judgment, problem solving, and collaboration in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems;
- Ability to effectively influence business partners and decisions to the benefit of the company;
- Experience with ERP systems, financial planning tools, financial system implementations, as well facility with standard suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Willingness and ability to operate independently supporting multiple business needs at all levels to achieve company goals and objectives;
- Strong work ethic, executive presence, maturity and high emotional intelligence;
- Highest level of integrity and personal ethics;
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; and
- Well organized and strong attention to detail.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Allakos Values are: Selflessness, Drive, Clarity, Thoughtfulness, Fun, and Leadership
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.