Senior Research Associate, Flow Cytometry
About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of cells and viruses as engineered medicines, who want to challenge status quo, and who lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. As a Senior Research Associate, you will report to Principal Scientist to develop and implement flow cytometry assays to support the advancement of Sana's cell therapy programs. You will join a creative, diverse team in Analytical Development and work with team members in Process Development to implement flow cytometry assays to assess cell health, phenotype, and function. Cool stuff.
What you’ll do
- Develop and perform flow cytometry assays to support the characterization, process development, stability testing, and release testing of cell therapy products
- Culture, bank, and characterize mammalian primary cells and immortalized cell lines for assay development or controls
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of new flow cytometry instrumentation and reagents
- Support assay transfer to internal QC and external CDMO to support GMP manufacturing
- Create detailed documentation of experimental procedures and results in the electronic laboratory notebook
- Give scientific presentations, prepare technical reports, and draft/revise analytical test methods
- Perform calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of instruments and reagents
- Maintain inventory of reagents and improve operational efficiency in the laboratory
- Contribute to flow cytometry best practices
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's plus 4 yrs or MS w 1+ yrs or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong technical expertise in multi-color flow cytometry principles, panel design, optimization, and data analysis
- Proficient in analyzing flow cytometry data using FlowJo
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
What will separate you from the crowd
- Experience with characterizing a variety of cell types using multi-color flow cytometry, such as T cells, pluripotent stem cells, beta cells, and glial progenitor cells
- Experience developing or evaluating novel reagents for conventional or spectral flow cytometry
- Experience with assay transfer to internal QC and external CDMO
- Experience with laboratory automation for flow cytometry workflows
- Experience working in a regulated GxP environment
- Familiarity with regulatory guidelines from the FDA, ICH, and USP
- Familiarity with development and/or commercialization of cell-based therapeutics, including the development of analytical methods
What you should know
- Working safely on a predictable and regular basis is an essential job function for this position and the Company requires that all individuals, subject to certain exceptions, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, financial wellness programs, a 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.