Warehouse Associate II
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE II
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Warehouse Associate II for our Canton location. The successful candidate must have a High School Diploma/GED, some college preferred and 2-4 years of relevant experience. Must have forklift driving experience, have excellent organizational skills and have the ability to pay significant attention to detail. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
Responsible for accurate and timely transactions within the SAP environment.
Performs warehouse and distribution functions such as unloading, receiving, put away, picking, shipping, cycle counting, and bin audits using various material handling equipment such pallet jacks and carts as well powered industrial trucks such as forklifts, reach lifts, and order pickers. Work may occur within ambient or cold chain environments.
- Accurately complete receiving, picking, and inventory transactions within SAP in a timely fashion
- Maintain compliance to SOPs, cGxP best practices, and logistics regulations
- Coordinate shipments and logistics as required
- Interface with other departments such as Quality, Manufacturing, Safety, and Other Adjacent Groups
- Maintain compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls throughout the warehouse
- Champion safety and 6S
- Participate in change controls and Corrective Action Plans (CAPAs)
- Perform all material handling functions accurately and efficiently
- Unload and load trucks with forklifts and/or pallet jacks
- Put materials away in rack or floor locations with equipment such as forklifts or reach trucks, accurately transacting with handheld warehouse devices
- Apply labels to materials as required
- Complete pick, pack, and ship functions utilizing handheld warehouse devices
- Depending on site needs; weigh, dispense, and sampling may be assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED required; some college preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Forklift driving experience
- Significant attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Previous warehouse experience preferred
- Previous Cold Chain experience preferred
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions,com to apply today!
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.