Data Center Installation Engineer
AceInfo Solutions, Inc. is seeking an experienced, motivated Hardware Engineer familiar with datacenter infrastructure. We have a position open at a Federal Tier 2 Data Center to assist in the management of Enterprise level compute and storage resources as well as installation architecture, and technical hardware issues. The candidate will work with team members who possess diverse backgrounds (systems engineering, system administration, storage engineering) and will be part of a Government contractor team working at Census Data Center in the Bowie, MD. The candidate will have the opportunity to immerse him or herself in the ever-changing environment of innovative technologies that are key to mission of the Census BureauDuties & Responsibilities
- Assist with GSA facility maintenance activities to ensure power and load transfer, high availability and zero-tolerance for service interruption.
- Support Server hardware troubleshooting for Cisco UCS Servers
- Support under-floor activity (i.e., cable installation, removal and verification).
- Test Fiber and Copper cables using various tools for installation and removals from under-floor.
- Support the evaluation of quotes for system hardware configurations and software prior to submission to acquisitions.
- Submit, monitor and audit Remedy Access requests for managed space to include day-to-day access and recertification.
- Assist and/or communicate updates to notify appropriate personnel of maintenance activities and potential impacts on data center operations.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs of the facility, documenting temperature, equipment or environmental anomalies.
- Conduct accountable inventory analysis providing the status and required documents to promptly update and ensure accurate data population and maintenance of the Sunflower Property Management System, Atrium, Data Center Initiative Management (DCIM) tool and/or other asset management system(s) of record.
- Must be able to manage and update firmware for Cisco UCS Servers
- Troubleshoot Cisco UCS C Class,Chassis and Blades Servers as required.
- Coordinate and submit associated tickets for property and personnel adds, moves and changes.
- Advise on specification requirements and limitations to help project managers identify, diagnose, frame and resolve problems and/or customer incidents.
- Coordinate and track purchase orders, invoices, shipping documents, receiving reports, warranties, life-cycle management and other data center aspects of the IT business as it relates to asset/property management.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards while supporting programs such as Shelter-In-Place.
- Participate in programs such as Continuity of Operations (COOP) and Disaster Recovery.
- Effective use of the data center to provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees by using best practices to manage resources, services and processes in partnership with building management.
- Provide direction/information to vendors, facility staff and service providers as required to ensure excellent coordination and execution of work with minimal disruption.
- Provide facility support for meetings and conference room reservations as needed.
- Understand customer's working environment, values, and service expectations.
- Support Space Management, Disaster Recovery, Facility Management and Property Management.
- Aid in assessing environmental, technical, capacity, physical and data center infrastructure risks.
- Prepare documents and briefing reports.
- Provide facility support for mission critical infrastructure, water, power, and cooling.
- Support space management for departmental efficiency and workforce alignment.
Candidate must have the following knowledge, experience, and abilities:
- Installing Cisco Network/UCS Equipment
U.S. Citizenship is required for the position. Candidate must successfully pass a Federal Background Investigation.
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.