Scientific Associate I/II (Protein Biochemistry)
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This position is responsible to conduct cell-based assays to support assay development on potential vaccine candidates. The ideal candidate would support development of cell cultures for expression of vaccine antigens and carries out chemical conjugation of biomolecules for assay development.
Conduct biophysical/chemical methods for protein characterization
- Independently perform a variety of mammalian cell culture procedures including but not limited to culture cells, transfection, and protein expression
- Hands on experience with molecular cloning techniques, DNA purification, mini-prep is preferred
- Experience with imaging techniques for quantification of antigen expression in live-cell media is preferred
- Experience with chemical conjugation of biomolecules is preferred
- Collaborate across the research and early development space to integrate analytical processes
- Support characterization studies
- Document and optimize protocols for cell-based assays to help maintain the cell-culture lab
Documentation and presentation of scientific results.
- Write experimental protocols and prepare internal reports. Maintain lab notebooks.
- Collaborate with project teams, present research results and contribute to technical advancements and publications.
- Maintain functional laboratory equipment and follow HSE regulation.
B.S or M.S. degree in Biochemistry/bio/chemical engineering or related biological sciences
M.S. with 0-3 or B.S. with 2-5 years of academic or pharmaceutical/biotech experience in biochemistry
- Hands on experience with biological samples are required
- Hands on experience with Cell culture/transfection/Gel electrophoresis/WB methods are required
- Organizational, written and oral communication skills and ability to work in teams is required
- The ability to generate accurate and reproducible results along with multi-tasking are critical
- Desire to work under a collaborative and fast pace environment is preferred