Technician I/II/III, Calibration
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Provides calibration and instrumentation support for processes, operations, and buildings on site. Responsible to execute scheduled calibrations, preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance on instrumentation and control devices in compliance with facility procedures and work instructions.
Shift: 1st shift on the 2,2,3 schedule - every other weekend off
Hours: 6am – 6pmMajor Accountabilities:
- Works closely with Quality, Engineering and Operations groups to ensure strict compliance with GMP guidelines at all times, specifically to ensure that the equipment is maintained and calibrated within GMP compliance.
- Maintains and performs corrective, preventative maintenance calibrations on GMP & non-GMP equipment.
- Follows established calibration procedures and assessments.
- Provides recommendations for instrumentation / metrology spare parts.
- Supports other departments to troubleshoot, test, repair and optimize instruments, equipment and control systems.
- Participates in the continuous improvement efforts within the site Maintenance Program.
- Assists in the maintenance and review of calibration standards and vendor calibration documentation.
- Executes calibration work for various customers (manufacturing and labs) with minimal interruptions.
- Works with contract service providers and support contractors executing calibration and metrology activities.
- Assists other technicians and associates when needed.
- Provides support for start-up, commissioning and turnover of new systems throughout the site.
- Documents all work on work orders, calibration datasheets and other required forms as necessary
- High school diploma with 1 year(s)’ relevant industry experience or associate’s degree in relevant technical discipline with 1 years of experience OR equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of calibration / metrology discipline; Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Exposure to DCS, PLC, and/or Building Automation Systems (BAS) control systems preferred.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot systems in an industrial environment required
- Ability to plan and organize daily tasks